Business Development Director, Large Corps, Leading Bank, London
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
This purpose of this Director role is to build relationships with clients, and play a pivotal part in the growth of the large corporate business for this leading European bank. Your role will help the banks clients achieve their growth and trade ambitions. In the role, you'll win new clients, achieved through direct targeting of prospects as well as through your management of professional relationships to establish business leads. This is the chance to be part of a new, growing team within a top bank offering a competitive salary + benefits.
- Working as a Relationship/BD Director within the Commercial Banking team of this leading bank based in London
- Self-originate - Lend, deposit and winning new clients by effectively identifying and understanding prospect needs.
- Target, initiate and build strategic relationships with prospects to deliver bespoke and innovative solutions to satisfy clear client needs, engaging partners where appropriate.
- Build and maintain a strong external professional network, across corporate finance, accountancy and other key market influencers to identify new business opportunities
- Work closely with the National Head and Regional Head to formulate and propose plans for business development
- Monitor local industry and market trends as required
- Ensure activities align with internal and external policies
- Coach and mentor associates within the team
- Experience working for another Commercial bank with mid-large commercial clients or another role focused on strategic debt transactions
- Consistent track record of delivery in the pitching and structuring of borrowing facilities across various commercial banking product sets
- Sector knowledge preferred ideally within TMT, Professional Services, Natural Resources or Consumer
- Understanding of the fundamental factors in relation to debt and credit appetite to focus on deliverable opportunities
- Excellent Communication skills
- Driven personality
- The ability to work pro-actively, but also as part of a team
- A University Degree is desired but not essential