- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base plues bonus and benefits
- Full time
Business Development Executive
A predominantly phone based role proactively engaging and prospecting with Advisory clients across the UK and supporting Discretionary clients. The role involves proactively promoting our product range, completing reactive requests from clients, and supporting regional Business Development teams as needed. Overview of Key Duties:
A predominantly phone based role proactively engaging and prospecting with Advisory clients across the UK and supporting Discretionary clients. The role involves proactively promoting our product range, completing reactive requests from clients, and supporting regional Business Development teams as needed.
Overview of Key Duties:
• Cultivate relationships and promote the product range to a designated group of clients in order to generate business
• Host client meetings and attend regional events when required, and provide useful feedback
• Assist in identifying and developing relevant call themes and to use these to make meaningful outbound calls and field inbound calls, updating fund holders on portfolio positions and performance
• Assist the sales team with the retention of assets
• Support Tier 1 accounts with the relevant regional team as needed
• Gain a high level of knowledge on the company’s fund offerings and to become an expert on certain nominated funds for the benefit of the sales department as a whole
• Co-ordinate effectively with other departments to ensure efficient investment process for clients
• Take responsibility for ongoing maintenance of the client list to ensure that clients details are accurately maintained on CRM
• Responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that any information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful, enabling them to understand fully what they are being offered. The role also requires familiarity with the team’s current procedures, FSA compliance requirements, and the principles behind ‘Treating Customers Fairly'.
• Proactive, professional, and motivated
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• A high level level of emotional intelligence
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Very presentable with client facing demeanour
• Ability to translate complicated technical information into an easily understood format
• May have delegated authority to allocate work to other team members and provide guidance and assistance.
• The role holder’s actions impact most on their own work or that of their immediate colleagues within the organisation.
• Currently hold the full Investment Managament Certificate (IMC), or be prepared to study and pass the qualification within the first year in the role.
• Given this level of qualifications the role holder requires a relatively limited amount of time within the role to be able to perform the duties.
• The role is prescribed within a well-established framework. However, the role holder is expected to play an active part in improving day-to-day procedures and how the work is to be tackled.
• Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events for the month ahead.
• Involved in making judgements where in some cases the course of action is not immediately obvious. Whilst there is likely to be a well defined set of solutions on which to base the judgement, the role holder will be expected to apply a sensible interpretation to each situation encountered.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills. Ability to explain relatively involved concepts in a clear and concise manner to others within the organisation.