Business Development Manager
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description
Internal Business Development Managers (IBDMs) must be highly motivated, articulate, passionate people who thrive whilst working in a fast paced sales team. The team is expanding rapidly and they aim to provide a level of technical expertise, commercial support and personal service that is unrivalled in the financial services industry. The role is based in Octopus's Head Office in London and is predominantly telephone based.
• Working with External BDM to build and deliver the business plan for the region
• Management and development of existing adviser relationships
• Building client base
• Point of contact for all inbound Financial Advisers queries
• Provide an exceptional level of customer service
• Implement new sales and marketing campaigns
• Help educate financial advisers and empower them to solve their clients' needs
• Mentoring and training new BDMs
• Arrange adviser meetings for External BDMs and where required perform meetings yourself
• Provide product feedback and identify needs of advisers'
• Aid flow of information from Business Line and Product Managers to advisers
• Improve internal systems to ensure the team works in an efficient way
• Presentations to Advisors
• Attend and support IFA and industry conferences/seminars, as requested
• Contribute to virtual product teams as product expert or deputy expert
• Constantly improve product and industry knowledge Qualifications
• Development - Help to develop your peers by the sharing of information. Actively participate in all internal and external meetings. Develop yourself by seeking out opportunities to stretch out of your comfort zone
• Service - Always go beyond what is expected of you with both your internal and external relationships
• Quality - Effective decision making in all circumstances will ensure a consistently high quality of service in all your dealings with clients and colleagues
• Integrity - Empathise with your colleagues and clients. Lead by example i.e. treat others as you would expect to be treated.
• Delivery - 100% is the only target that you should aim for; both individually and as a team
• Happiness - Celebrate success of your team and others. Create a harmonious team atmosphere in which it is a pleasure to work Additional Information
• You will be target driven and own your own KPIs
• You would have built sales skills which would allow you to build a business plan quickly and show results
• Resilience you have built up in your career will be evident from your past achievements
• You will be a great listener and know when to ask what questions at what time
Our values and DNA At Octopus we dont just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the companys vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in. We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving. We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.