EDI is hiring a Business Development Manager to work in the London based data sales team, to increase sales revenue for its products and services.
The role will cover global geographical regions excluding North and South American for prospects and clients, targeting both vendors, brokers software houses, fintech, hedge funds, buy and sell side firms. You will be responsible for the direct sales of reference, corporate actions and pricing data solutions within middle- and back-office departments, and more particularly, service providers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Retain and grow existing revenue streams
- Identify new clients through cold calling, and research
- Contact clients to review account, determine satisfaction levels, and if necessary discuss and negotiate service level changes and fee increases for the coming year
- Administer client contract renewals and billing information
- Ensure client licences and fees are in line with their current usage
- Determine areas where clients may add services and calculate any fee increases
- Escalation contact for client complaints
- Proactively call clients quarterly to review new enhancements and ensure client satisfaction
- Direct any data related questions to the support team
- Carry out any administrative tasks
- Document all activity in the CMS system
- Liaise with IT / Sales Support on sample files / bespoke files to meet the sales objective.
- To perform the job role in compliance with EDI’s security objectives as defined in EDI’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required
- 'A' Level or equivalent standard
- Minimum of 2 years Sales experience selling financial data content, with a track record of hitting targets selling complex data solutions into the financial sector
- Client account management experience
- A second language would be desirable.
- Experience selling corporate actions, reference data and end of day pricing service
- A good understanding of data/feeds, including both sales and technical (user) perspectives.
- Knowledge of the financial markets, particularly in the area of corporate actions, reference data, end of day prices and the ability to use this knowledge to be able to source and win new business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of a CRM and sales reporting systems
- A professional approach and a strong personality, coupled with the charisma and communication skills to liaise with senior executive in client/prospect organisations.
Other Job Requirements
- Excellent organisational skills when dealing with clients and members of EDI’s staff to ensure momentum of the sales cycles is optimised