Business Development Manager - Banks
We're continuously reviewing applications for these type of positions so if you'd like us to keep you in mind, please submit your application and we will reach out as soon as there's a position open!
We're looking for a sharp, entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who can independently originate deals, navigate complex bank structures, solve intricate requirements, and define the strategy and roadmap for Business Development, in our fast growing TransferWise for Banks team.
The TransferWise for Banks product is a key strategic priority for the next stage of the company's rapidly growing platform proposition. You'll work to leverage our open API and tailor a proposition to Banks that encapsulates TransferWise's much-loved products into their own infrastructures. We've launched partnerships globally, and are looking for someone to focus and deepen our presence in the UK and Europe by forming partnerships with Traditional and Digital Banks. A bit about the role:
The role is based in our London office, but you'll l also work closely with the global bank business development team based in our offices around the world. You'll also work closely with other functions, including product management, compliance & legal, implementation, account management and engineering. Your mission:
Find a way to communicate and convince Banks of the value of embedding the TransferWise API and UX into their banking platforms, as a means of offering international money transfers to their customers. In order to do so, you will focus on:
- Growth - Develop and execute 'go to market' strategies that unlock partnerships with Tier 1/Tier 2 Banks, Core Banking Providers, and Banking as a Service Providers.
A bit about you:
- Lead Generation -Identify, build, and manage a pipeline of well-diversified leads. Be able to implement an outreach strategy and attend conferences that can optimise the size of your pipeline.
- Analysis - Demonstrate judgement skills to scope and size opportunities, supported in a data-driven way, whilst identifying where the highest return on investment comes from and deciding which partnerships to prioritise,
- Commercial Management - Have a head for economics, and be responsible for managing the financial and legal negotiations with bank clients.
- Technical - Talk a bank through the steps required for an API integration into their systems on manageable yet tight timelines. Our API documents are public - check these out to better understand our product.
- Stakeholder Management - Independently manage simultaneous conversations with an array of stakeholders, internal and external, across long and short sales cycle deals. Invest in these relationships to effect influence and create long term value for all parties
- Product - Work closely with the product teams to provide valuable feedback (based on your conversations with prospects) to guide product roadmap and improve end customer experience.
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- You're experienced in end to end, high impact project or deal delivery, specifically related to APIs and Banks.
- You can come up with a strategic plan, execute it whilst not being afraid to iterate things as you learn...to put it simply, you get things done!
- You love a good challenge, and have the ambition and drive to manage multiple deals in a high-pressure, fast moving environment.
- You're experienced in building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders from Banks of all sizes - from CEO's, to heads of compliance, technology, risk and innovation.
- You see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but are not afraid to voice your instinct.
- You're customer-focused. At TransferWise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission.
A bit about TransferWise:
- Started your own company or worked in a start up previously.
- Be familiar with the regulatory landscape in Europe and understand how international payments work in banks today - why is it broken, and what are the trends today?
- You are familiar with tools such as Salesforce and data analytics tools.
Since 2011, we've had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we're the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We're just at the beginning of our story and we're growing at an incredible pace. We won't stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they're doing. There's still heaps to do and we can't do it alone. Our People:
At TransferWise, you'll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You'll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you're keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren't afraid of a bold plan, you'll fit right in. How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You'll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers. Please note we cannot provide sponsorship for this position.