Business Development Manager - Financial Institutions & Strategic Accounts
Who we're looking for
We proactively communicate our core investment messages and solutions to our UK Intermediary Client Base. We meet with our clients regularly and provide market insights that help them make informed decisions on behalf of their clients. We work closely with our Fund Managers and Strategists to ensure that all of our communications are relevant and timely. Our clients are Wealth Managers, Global Financial Institutions, Multi-managers, Multi Asset Clients, Family Offices, Independent Financial Advisors, Life Companies and Rating Agencies.
We are looking for a Business Development professional with the experience and desire to help maintain and grow our client relationships with a dedicated number of Accounts we have identified as Strategic Accounts to Schroders. You will be working with a variety of Intermediary and Advisory clients and as a result will need to be highly motivated, enthusiastic with good energy. Clients value our integrity and professionalism and we will expect you to demonstrate the highest standards of client service.
We want somebody who has a desire to work independently but yet have understanding and awareness of the wider team and our overall objectives. You will work closely with the Financial Institutions and Strategic Accounts team as well as the wider UK Regional Sales Teams.
Your strong inter-personal skills will allow you to build multi-layer relationships within the client base which will help identify new business opportunities, whilst protecting existing Assets Sales.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
We are a proud, award winning distribution team that is well recognised by our clients for our outstanding service across the marketplace.
We are a well-balanced team who work collaboratively in pursuit of our best practice principles and constantly strive to achieve the best outcomes in relation to client service and experiences.
We are well aligned to our Fund Managers and Strategists and work in partnership to deliver strong, clear and consistent messaging to the client base. We have a broad, innovative and enviable product suite that allows us to present investment opportunities and solutions at every stage of the cycle.
We are dynamic in our approach and look to ensure clients view Schroders as a strategic partner to help and support their clients in both the Accumulation and De cumulation journey.
What you'll do
• Promote Schroders Products and Solutions to Financial Intermediaries to an agreed targeted number of Strategic Accounts.
• Communicate effectively our core investment messages
• Work closely with our clients to understand and capture the outcome they want
• Maintain strong and close relationships with our clients, providing regular updates on products/market and industry views/trends
• Help us grow our business by identifying new opportunities
• Improve our client experiences and how we communicate to them
• Consult with our clients demonstrating strong knowledge across all financial markets
• Deliver presentations at client events providing detailed markets and industry trends and high quality data on funds as per the UK Intermediary strategy
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in dealing with UK Financial Intermediaries and Advisory Accounts
• Have a strong interest in Financial Markets and Fund Solutions
• Demonstrate enhanced business development and relationship skills
• Efficient organisational skills. This is a large territory that requires travel and a full driving license
• Strong passion to be part of a winning distribution team
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Industry Qualifications (FPC / IMC)
• Previous experience in the Asset Management industry
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating good working practice
• High energy and work rate
• Highly professional with a strong desire to do the best for our clients .Ongoing development of technical knowledge regarding the UK long term savings market in particular the Life, Pensions and Platforms
• Tenacious and resilient
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age