About Octopus Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 500 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy. Right now we're in the process of moving from a singular business (Octopus) to a broader group structure incorporating Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property and Octopus Healthcare
About Octopus Lifestyles
Octopus Lifestyles, a new business within the Octopus Group, plans to generate £1bn loans-per year from scratch by extending innovative lifetime mortgage products to affluent older customers, allowing them to use the value of their homes to finance their late life needs in a tax efficient and easy way. We are currently live and distributing our first three products with a wider launch, backed by institutional capital, planned for September 2017. The aim is to extend c£100m of loans within the first 12 months and to reach £1bn loans per year in five years.
Success will require designing, branding, and marketing new financial products, leveraging current distribution channel and generating distribution networks while providing excellent customer service through streamlined execution.
The team has been building nimbly and efficiently though the early stages of the first few customer and is now looking to augment the founding team rapidly over the coming months.
We are a small team building a start-up business with an ambitious roll-out plan over the coming months. Working directly with the Distribution Manager and alongside the wider business development team you will be involved in the customer facing side of the business, engaging with customers, providing specialist product knowledge to other non-lifestyles focused sales teams and general sales support for the Lifestyles sales team.
Ability to take on new concepts quickly; the role requires someone who is happy to throw themselves into a rapidly evolving market and become a technical specialist to assist in the sale of the products. You will be required to learn the market in detail, its issues and the complexities inherent within it to provide high levels of service to both internal and external customers.
Proven track record of building relationships; you are an individual who is confident on the phone and has a background in building relationships with key decision makers to close deals.
High work rate; with the speed the business is taking off you must be someone comfortable picking up the phone to engage with clients, both new and existing.
Organised nature; as you will be required to work closely with the rest of the business and the wider Business Development team, you will need to be highly organised to ensure our customers get the highest quality service.
Numerically confident; our products are technical and you will need to understand how they work. You will work closely with the modelling team who support in bespoke illustrations for customers, and be able to explain those illustrations and the assumptions clearly to customers.
Can deliver; 100% is the minimum that you should aim for; both individually and as a part of the wider team. You will work not only to sales targets but also be highly invested in the overall success of the business and support in whatever way is needed.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate that you …
- Have exceptional consultative sales experience
- Have a strong and flexible work ethic
- Are service focused, always with the customer at the heart of what you do
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Are target driven with a 'winning' mentality
- Are proactive and have the ability to build, expand and nurture your own universe of clients
- Have attention to detail and understand the importance of data and metric in hitting targets and building the business
- Have effective decision making in all circumstances and are able to work autonomously as well as part of a close team
- Will help to develop your peers by the sharing of information. Actively participate in all internal and external meetings.
- Develop yourself by seeking out opportunities to stretch out of your comfort zone
- Always go beyond what is expected of you with both your internal and external relationships
- Show integrity at all times, and empathise with your colleagues and customers
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated.
- Ability to create and maintain a fantastic internal network and relationships with the wider sales team
- Grow credibility, through fantastic product knowledge, application and manner with advisers, that makes the BDM team keen to work in partnership with you
- Specifically, you will …
- Be competent in Microsoft office systems
- Be happy to make ~50 calls per day to existing customers and potential new relationships (split roughly 75% existing / 25% new)
- Feed into future product development, especially on customer feedback and insight, to help tailor the next generation of products to our target market
- Support wider Octopus sales teams in telephone conferences and follow up from client meetings
- Manage the customer inbox, being responsive to all customer enquires
- Attend client meetings and industry events to promote the product, both Octopus run and on behalf of Octopus