Business Development Manager, Intermediary Sales, Midlands
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment management, consulting, retirement-solutions, and index businesses. We use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisers, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar Investment Management Europe Ltd offers the Morningstar Managed Portfolios service, a fee-based investment management program, to financial advisers. Morningstar Investment Management Europe seeks a Business Development Manager to join the sales team to help promote this portfolio service.
- Build strong relationships based on service with existing adviser base.
- Proactively identify and meet with new advisers in territory.
- Conduct group and one-on-one meetings to promote the Morningstar Managed Portfolios service.
- Follow up on leads in tandem with internal regional sales support.
- Strategically manage time to maximise sales in territory.
- Utilise Salesforce.com as a CRM to maximise success.
- Perform special tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully market investment products to financial adviser community.
- Solid network of financial advisers and adviser groups
- Strong ability to understand and evaluate a financial adviser`s practice.
- Previous related industry experience essential.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interest and ability to explain portfolio management concepts.
This position would work remotely most of the time and be in London when required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.