Business Development Services Specialist (RFP)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Business Development Services Specialist to work in global marketing within the Business Development Services team. We want someone specialised in Fixed Income to prepare accurate, complete first drafts and polished final, compliant Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and related materials that supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. This includes developing key messages into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to work consistently, diligently and well under pressure, in a collegiate, open and co-operative way.
You will get training, ongoing guidance and support from the team. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate professional behaviours and a "can do attitude", and maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others. Company Overview
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £470.5 billion (€531.7 billion/$583.4 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 6,000 people across six continents
who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business which is managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests
*Source: Schroders, all data as at 31 March 2020.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroderstalkingpoint.com
The global marketing function is responsible for all aspects of marketing to Institutional, Intermediary, Insurance and Financial Institution clients and Consumer audiences. Marketing activities include RFPs, due diligence, events, literature, presentations, digital, PR and advertising. Overview of Role
Positioned within global marketing, the Business Development Services team supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. The team covers Institutional and Intermediary channels across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Business Development Services Specialist will work closely with Distribution and Product teams to complete RFPs, RFIs and DDQs for prospects and clients.
The role holder will specialise in responding to requests across Schroders's Fixed product ranges.
The individual will be required to produce first class, timely, professional output that will continue to build Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across Schroders.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity.
The role holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team's current procedures, FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind 'Treating Customers Fairly' and 'Conduct Risk'. Key Responsibilities
• Prepare accurate, complete first drafts and polished final, compliant RFPs, RFIs, DDQs and related materials that supports the gaining of new clients and servicing of existing clients. This includes developing key messages into an executive summary for RFPs to deliver a compelling submission.
• Specialise in Fixed Income
• Ensure submissions are completed by the required deadline, maintaining an open line of communication with all parties involved.
• Demonstrate the ability to work consistently, diligently and well under pressure. Always work with others in an open and co-operative way.
• Liaise with Product, Distribution, Infrastructure and other subject matter experts to obtain the right information and prepare detailed proposal content. Edit standard and bespoke material to suit the client's requirements.
• Implement the team's best practice proposal process in each submission, applying it appropriately depending on the complexity of the individual submission.
• Follow the defined processes for the use of the RFP database (Qvidian), including identifying new or updated content to be included on a timely basis.
• Co-ordinate and assume end-to-end ownership of submissions from allocation through to delivery.
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and a "can do attitude". Maintain focus on delivering to a high standard in a rigorous and professional way. Be motivated to achieve the best and expect the best from others.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during the busiest periods.
• Contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Undertake data checks for other team members, and once appropriate and training received, compliance checks.
• Assist other business areas within Schroders as required.
• Where appropriate attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the process manual.
Person Profile Knowledge & experience:
• Financial services or asset management experience is desirable. Asset management RFP/DDQ experience is advantageous.
• Experience in relation to Fixed Income securities or investment products.
• Experience in relation ESG is advantageous.
• Strong team player, with the ability to use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
• Experience using a content database (i.e. Qvidian or equivalent) is advantageous Essential skills:
• Proactive approach to tasks
• Strong numeracy and literacy
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Efficient and well-organised
• Good interpersonal skills
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Language skills an advantage
• IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)