Business Governance Officer, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Governance Officer, OfficerThe individual will be responsible for the execution of Governance processes. They will ensure that these activities are executed in an accurate and timely manner whilst maintaining the integrity of the Governance environment.
- Assist in the testing and management of the Functional Services Monitoring and Testing program globally.
- Critically review the Monitoring and Testing output ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Actively engage with global Business Operations teams ensuring their readiness to execute requests for information in a timely manner.
- Review of the global controls inventory ensuring that these are fit for purpose in the assessment of the control environment.
- Interaction with staff in Berwyn and London who perform the testing role managing a London staff.
- Support functional management in the establishment of the Global Operations Control Department.
- Keep your line manager informed of progress of all aspects of your role and provide reporting where required.
- Cover for other officers in the team for Authorised Signatory Lists and Serious Incident Reports.
- Interact with staff in our Indian Captive who are part of our Governance team assisting where required.
- Complete other tasks relating to Operations Governance as and when required by management.
Candidates should ideally be educated to degree standard. Operational Risk or Accounting/Audit certifications would be a distinct advantage.
Skills / Experience
Analytical with a thorough grasp of the control environment supporting the transactional workflow process. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' practical work experience in an Operations Risk/Control Department gained within a similar Investment Advisory organization or Broker-Dealer firm.
Knowledge of Transaction Management and/or Asset Servicing processes would be an advantage.
Knowledge of Governance activities an advantage but on the job training will be provided.
The individual must be control conscious and have the confidence to challenge "the norm" where they identify control weaknesses. Detail-oriented and motivated, and able to display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times. First class written and verbal communication skills are essential to maintaining both internal and external stakeholder and client relationships. The candidate will be expected to display the ability to work well within a deadline driven team environment.
A high level of competency is required with Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point.
Confident, assertive and pragmatic with the ability to work with minimal supervision. The individual must be highly detail-oriented and motivated, and able to display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times. First class written and verbal communication skills are essential in maintaining both internal and external stakeholder and client relationships. The candidate will be expected to display the ability to work well within a deadline driven team environment.