Business Management - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
The Client Operations Business Management team has 4 FTE and 1 temp across New York and London.
The Client Operations Business Management team is responsible for financial management and planning for a 780 person organization. The team works extensively with Line Managers, Central Finance team, HR, IT and Project teams to provide senior management with financial and planning support that facilitates business decisions and strategic planning. The incumbent will lead the business management function for Client Ops, reporting into the COO. The role will have extensive stakeholder engagement with senior management in Client Operations and across Operations.
The Lead Business Manager is responsible for:
- Leading the budget/forecast process to deliver results based on agreed target and business plans
- Risk and Opportunity tracking to ensure effective use of resources (both heads and dollars) across the organisation
- Communication and presentation of information across the Client Operations leadership team, Global COO group & Divisional Mgmt.
- Forging a partnership with the line to gain a deeper understanding of the business in order to provide more effective resource planning support
- Managing location strategy and other strategic initiatives by leading the financial discussions and helping to drive execution
- Acting as a business partner with the line managers in ensuring the headcount and expenses are tracked to plan
- Creative approach to problem solving and Ad hoc analysis
- Seeking ways to make process improvement and value-add recommendations across the organization
- Working with business partners including Finance, HR and other BMs to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information
- Expense Management experience including budgeting & financial reporting
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to challenge, develop and improve processes
- Must have sound communication skills and ability to tailor communication style for senior management
- Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly and move projects forward
- Manage confidential information and data
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of people drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.