Business Management Manager
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to lead our newly formed Business Management team where you will be responsible for establishing Business Process Standards and ensuring these are adopted consistently across Global Operations.
You will also support the monitoring of Operational Risk and Control by defining the framework for Operations and ensuring this framework is implemented and monitored across the Global Operations functions.
You will help implement Management Information standards across Global Operations, co-ordinate budget and be a central point of contact for Operations communications.
Someone who can interact with an array of departments across Schroders, building key links with our Audit, Compliance and Operations colleagues.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
As this is leading a new team, we need someone who's flexible, creative and curious enough to take on a challenge, rather than tick off set tasks on a to-do list.
You will also be a strong people manager with overall responsibility for leading and developing a team of Specialists and Lead Specialists in London, Horsham and Singapore
Someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the global team to support them on a daily basis. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
It's a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure. What you'll do
This role links aspects of strategy development, risk management, stakeholder reporting and financial and headcount analysis.
• Ensuring a consistent and robust Operational Risk and Controls Framework is in place across all Operations functions and locations;
• Establish and monitor Operating Model Principles and Standards across global Operations Functions;
• Assist with developing the messaging for key stakeholders including co-ordinating town halls, email communication across Operations and social events;
• Support the development and execution of the Operations strategy and initiatives, including capacity management, budgeting and communications;
• Co-ordinate budgets and preparation of Operations forecasts across all Operational hub; and
• Provide cover to the Head of Business Management where required. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in managing and leading a team; would be in a position to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff;
• Prior Business Management or operational risk and control experience gained within Financial Services Operations;
• Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks;
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis; and
• Wider experience in a relationship management, operational, control or asset management environment. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management in a relationship management, operational or control environment; and
• Project and Business Change experience and/or qualification. What you'll be like
• An experienced people manager with a track record in developing teams and people;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties;
• Exercises good judgment in assessing and managing risks;
• Develops/supports preventative processes to strengthen the control framework;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Dexterity to switch seamlessly between big picture thinking and detailed impact analyses when required; and
• Able to navigate the team through changes and maintain an innovative culture. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.