- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
We are working on a new position within a German Bank, based in their London office. They have approximately EUR 300 billion total assets and 12,000 staff. They are looking to hire a qualified accountant as a business manager to work closely with the General Manager and the COO ensuring that business issues are managed in an efficient manner.
• Support the General Manager by participating in the facilitation of long term strategic and short/medium term tactical planning for the London Branch.
• Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing initiatives.
• Act as a project manager for special projects at the request of the General Manager. Manage and co-manage projects and/or initiatives, including consequent tracking of project plans, ensuring delivery of quality, timely and within budget results.
• Conduct impact analyses for certain regulatory developments as directed by the General Manager and develop implementation strategies and plans to ensure compliance with regulations.
• Participate in process optimisation, including policy enhancement recommendations and implementation.
• Prepare general correspondence, memos, board applications and presentations for the General Manager.
• Understand the General Manager’s goals and objectives in order to effectively anticipate deliverables and follow up where necessary.
• Act as a liaison between Head Office and London Skills
• Ability to be proactive, multi task and assess priorities.
• Very good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Flexibility, efficiency, adaptability and quick learning.
• Special Knowledge of Head Office and London Branch.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong Organisational skills and time management.
• High level of confidentiality, professionalism, diplomacy.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written required.
• Strong understanding of Financial Accounting, Treasury and Risk Management concepts.