Business Manager Permanent role Large Banking client London based
Scope and Purpose of the Role
The BM role is a dynamic role and activities are determined to meet the requirements of the CE and CE Office at any given time with the ability to implement strategies and achieve sustained success. The BM should be capable of making all aspects of the business run more efficiently and determine areas in which the business can be more efficient/collaborative and deliver upon determined goals and key performance indicators. Interpersonal skills and leadership capability are paramount within this role as is great teamwork to deliver success.
The aim of the BM is to provide strategic, analytical and administrative support to the CE, by offering support and advice on the development, execution and progress regarding strategy, governance, organisational structure, annual planning of activities, business projects etc.
The responsibilities and activities of the BM are:
- To build a strong professional relationship with the CE and a common goal to enhance the UK operation and to make the 3 UK Branches successful and deliver upon the Bank's strategy;
- To have the drive and energy to support the business and support functions, on behalf of the CE;
- The ability to plan, develop and implement strategic decisions to meet organisational objectives;
- The ability to develop and monitor effective administrative systems and processes;
- A thorough understanding of the Companies polices and overall mission and how each is best executed;
- Proactively participates in the development and execution of strategic plans and is responsible for assisting the CE with the administrative activities relating to the day-to-day operating efficiency of the business;
- Maintain a strong relationship with UK businesses and act as an ambassador with the relevant colleagues in Head Office to capture opportunities and ensure UK requirements are considered;
- Is responsible for management reporting to senior stakeholders in Head Office;
- Is responsible for the Group Governance Oversight Portal and the UK Navigator document to ensure that the information is kept up to date and a true reflection of the UK organisation;
- Supports the Company Secretary with administration relating to the Executive Committee meetings;
- Attend specified meetings as determined by the CE reporting back relevant information in a concise and effective way;
- Co-ordinates working groups and/or committees to ensure effective outcomes in line with agreed objectives and resources;
- Take ownership of risk management issues relating to the CE Office;
- Pro-active management of requests and/or initiatives from Head Office, as appropriate;
- Providing relevant and timely management information to the CE and Head Office senior management as required;
- Act as a subject matter expert in overseeing projects and change initiatives which deliver greater efficiency to the UK;
Knowledge and experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline ideally with an MBA or honours degree with an emphasis on a course in business, administration, communication and finance or have relevant experience which meets these requirements.
Demonstrable track record working in a Business Manager level role within a global organisation, with good interpersonal skills and excellent service orientation.
- Have experience of a range of appropriate change / programme management methodologies, including exposure to governance, regulatory environment, controls and risk management.
- In-depth experience in the preparation of executive reporting and communication.
- Have in-depth knowledge and proven experience of working with the FCA/PRA and other regulatory bodies.
- Excellent command of the English Language with powerful written, verbal and face-to-face communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build senior relationships both internally and externally.
- Highly effective stakeholder and communications skills, including a track record of influencing, consulting and collaborating successfully with a wide range of stakeholders from different businesses/disciplines, maintaining credible and trusting relationships.
- Show a high level of drive and commitment that the key aims and objectives of the role are achieved.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Good credibility, trustworthiness, problem solving, task management and self-management competencies.
- Excellent team player with a strong focus on working together to achieve results.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Comfortable with working in an environment of change, with flexible approach to new challenges.
- Ability to remain professional and calm even under pressure and frustration.