Business Manager - Distribution Ops (12 Month FTC)
- Competitive + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
This is a varied role which includes a range of ongoing project related and operational work to support and enhance the growth and efficiency of the EMEA Wholesale and Institutional channels. The role is responsible for overseeing the services provided by and to the Distribution function through organising and influencing within the matrix environment both peers and senior leaders involved in the delivery of client facing services.
Working closely with the Senior Distribution Management team, implement and execute against plans for the Distribution operating model in order to meet the strategic needs of the business.
• Ensure the operating model is functioning, fit for purpose and evolves to meet the ongoing needs of the business, in line with the strategic plans agreed by the Senior Leadership team, lining up the details around practicalities to execute the strategy.
• Under the guidance of the Distribution COO, build business cases to justify investment in the distribution operating environment and to act as the benefits owner to ensure ROI
• Project Manage any projects relating to the Distribution platform development.
• Work closely with the Risk and Controls Manager, Operational Risk, Audit and Legal teams to manage the day to day Distribution data governance processes and procedures and report on governance issues as required. In doing so, provide data and input to the detailed root-cause analysis and shape and implement solutions to risk events.
• Act as main interface point and first point of contact to Operations, Investments, Marketing and Support Functions for Distribution data and processes.
• Provide input to relevant working groups, advisory groups and others committees in order to influence policies, procedures and business strategies.
• Maintain a watching brief of technology / digital and its business application and make recommendations to the Senior Distribution Management Team on improvements of the operating model
• Provide general support to the Distribution COO and C&DSC members and their teams • General problem solving and support on problem solving for the Distribution team
• Assemble and direct “virtual teams” to coordinate activity affecting the Distribution operating model. • Deputise for the Distribution COO, delegate for Committee meetings as directed.
• Coordinate updates and provide briefings for Distribution COO as directed.
Key Capabilities :
• Well-developed knowledge and understanding of the asset management business and distribution functions.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to build relationships, manage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Highly collaborative with an ability to drive forward both the Distribution initiatives and help other departments with their deliverables.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of CRM processes and technologies.
• Advanced project management skills and high execution capability
• Experience of working in a global and matrix environment.
• A good self-starter who is interested in the digital landscape.
• People management skills