Business Process Analyst, Card Payments (6 month FTC)
Business Analyst, Payments Operational Process (FTC)
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So , we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
We are working on an exciting opportunity to launch a new credit product for Small and Medium Businesses. We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to join our lean cross-functional team to help make it happen. You will be a core part of the project team, reporting into the Project Lead and working on designing and mapping operational processes for the future product.
What you will be doing:
- Gathering business requirements (across Product, Risk, Fraud, Operations, etc ) to be reflected in the operational flow for the new product
- Supporting with designing future state business processes and operational flows related to the new product
- Leading the operational process definition activities including the end-to-end process mapping of all key related processes, third party handovers and interdependencies
- Owning the creation and maintenance of operational process documentation and/or workflows in an agreed format and structure with direct engagement of relevant functional and third party teams
- Balancing the need to manage operational risks and ensure sufficient controls, with the speed to market and, similarly, ensuring process scalability while allowing manual work- arounds to start with
- Providing operational support with product implementation and roll-out
- 5+ years of business analysis, process design and/or process mapping experience within financial services, preferably related to payments and/or cards
- Strong knowledge of card issuing operational processes is highly desirable
- Proficient in operational process documentation writing and maintenance, including using process mapping tools such as Draw.io
- Business change experience in developing, improving and implementing processes and providing operational support for the new product development.
- Experience working with and eliciting requirements from third party vendors and senior stakeholders
- Experience working within an Agile, fast paced environment and ability to adapt to changes
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving with a positive approach to challenges
- "Self-motivated", with ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you should join
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that's varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that's built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say "I was there". Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many - including yours.
It's in our differences that we find our strengths
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.