Business Risk Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
A senior Business Risk Manager is sought for the EMEA region (including UK), based in London and reporting to the Head of Business Risk EMEA. Business Risk forms part of the Enterprise Risk Group, a key component of the second line of defence in the firm's 'Three Lines of Defence' approach to risk management. The role will be a part of a small regional EMEA risk team which is highly visible, requiring interaction with senior stakeholders across all business functions, products, markets, services, technologies, and business policies/practices. The individual must be an independent, self-starter who is able to lead initiatives and challenge senior management constructively and effectively. The individual will partner with global risk counterparts and all functions in EMEA to develop and embed the risk management framework and methodologies for identifying, assessing and escalating risks. Responsibilities will also include preparation of the Individual Capital Adequacy Assessment Process ("ICAAP") and the Wind Down Plan for the T. Rowe Price International Ltd (TRPIL) entity. The individual will also support and participate in key committees such as the International Risk Committee and other forums as required. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Support the development and embedding of the risk framework across EMEA, including the firm's risk statements, tolerance, etc.
- Facilitating risk and control assessments across the region
- Risk reporting and analysis for legal entity Boards and senior committees
- Support the preparation of the ICAAP and Pillar 3 disclosure for T. Rowe Price International Ltd
- Support the preparation of the Wind Down Plan for T. Rowe Price International Ltd
- Incident management oversight
- Oversight of the use of the operational risk management system (Archer) in the region
- Coordination with Business Resilience team to ensure strong continuity of operations in the region
- Coordination with other risk functions, including Global Privacy and Investment Risk.
- Assisting with the development of the operational resilience framework
- Relationships - Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with other risk managers and key stakeholders across all functions, providing valuable second-line risk input and challenge. A high degree of professionalism required.
- Reporting - Strong analytical, written communication and presentation skills to identify risk trends, root causes and mitigations.
- Knowledge - Knowledge and experience of FCA ICAAP and wind down planning requirements is desirable.
Knowledge and experience of risk and control assessment methodologies.
- Risk oversight - Ability to understand and convey complex matters relating as part of incident management oversight, coordinating with all functions on the reporting, investigation and escalation of operational incidents.
- 5+ years' experience in a second line of defence operational risk role
- University degree
- Asset management experience
- Accountancy or risk analyst qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CFA)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.