Business Strategy & TOM Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 21 Nov 17
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
LET’S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
Capco is committed to growing its Business Consulting practice as part of our strategy to become the premier consultancy dedicated to financial services. The mission of the practice is simple: to help our clients solve key issues and provide actionable recommendations through business sense and industry expertise. With the global financial services industry facing unprecedented financial and operational challenges, we understand what it takes to get ahead: a clear strategy, a robust operating model, and a defined roadmap for execution.
Our varied and challenging client briefs spanning business transformation, cost optimisation, revenue generation, product/market development, organisation design and location strategy. We aim to grow the practice around smart and talented people who thrive in a fast-paced work culture. Expertise in business strategy and target operating model design is a must.
SHOW US WHAT YOU’VE GOT
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We are seeking high-calibre individuals who want to join our winning team.
We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Financial services business consulting experience, ideally with a leading management consulting firm or within industry driving a corporate strategy
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Experience of large and complex projects and delivering against tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- In-depth knowledge of strategy topics (e.g. business transformation, revenue generation, cost optimisation, operating models, organisation design, location strategy)
- In-depth knowledge of financial services/products and the competitive dynamics of the banking and capital markets industries
- Ability to apply content knowledge to project delivery and develop new intellectual capital to support business development for the practice
- Actively manages the commercial aspects of the project including project costs and budget, seeking ways to protect and improve margin
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a leading academic program
- An understanding of the competitive dynamics of banking and capital markets such as regulatory forces, economic drivers, changing buying patterns, disruptive technology etc.
- In-depth knowledge of business strategy topics (e.g. business transformation, operating models, business/product build, organization design, shared services, location strategy etc.)
- Generates commercial revenue through leadership of propositions, clients and segments
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
NOW TAKE THE NEXT STEP
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture