Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking an individual in business support analyst position in a business facing role who will be responsible for working closely with Portfolio Managers at SSGA London office coordinating support of GA's Front Office Fixed Income Investment applications. The successful candidate will have strong business and technology acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with the business and technology teams. Core responsibilities include data analysis, troubleshooting application issues, liaising with business and application development teams. The role has a broad set of responsibilities and offers a great deal of exposure to various aspects of the investment and portfolio management group. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Business Support Analyst, you will
What we value
- Align with Business and IT teams to serve for SSGA's Fixed Income Index technology applications and platforms
- Provide IT application support to business users during London business hours on applications and platforms that they use for their investment decision making processes
- Gather and communicate business requirements and support business by aligning to technology strategy
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and business users, develop Subject Matter Expertise and guide IT application development teams.
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the right engagement and alignment is achieved for initiatives
- Provide application level guidance and clarity to other technology teams within the organization
- Establish Subject Matter Expertise and assist in the process of establishing framework and deliverables on existing systems and new platforms
- Drive application development and support based on knowledge and sound understanding on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines
- Strong root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's degree is a requirement; Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
- Should be an excellent communicator, experience on communicating with global users (both written and verbal), will be preferred.
- CFA or CFA Candidate a plus but not required
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What we do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors