Business Support Manager - Wealth Planning
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
To be a proactive Business Support Manager within our Wealth Planning Team.
Risk & Control (linking to Risk and Compliance) Champion the risk culture in the team. Work closely with the Business Partner, Wealth Planning to manage risk & audit issues and other action plans, develop robust procedures and ensure they are fit for purpose (to internal & regulatory standards), documented, understood & used, and that controls are suitable and effective, sample checking is undertaken & remedial action taken. Oversee the WP Finance process including aged debt. Undertake FLOD testing in line with WP Risk Register. Work alongside T&C assisting with monitoring where required and provision of functional MI
Ops & infrastructure (linking to IT) Help to optimise use of relevant IT systems. Deliver efficient processes that meet the balance of needs between maximum client experience and maximum efficiency within an agreed risk appetite. Act as the champion for Adviser Office and ensure the team follow the expected standards for maintaining client data and records.
Planning & business improvement (linking to Corporate strategy) Assist the Business Partner, Wealth Planning with internal functional projects and local continuous improvement. Help to ensure all change is delivered & embedded to time, quality and cost. Maintain an awareness of external & competitor trends relevant to the function & use to enhance our offering.
Service quality (linking to Marketing & Client Communications) Coordinate with, and be aware of the need to work with relevant areas to deliver seamless client service. Become a champion of the brand and related standards. Act as the conduit and manager of communications, deputising for the Business Partner, Wealth Planning where required. Help develop & maintain relevant intranet & website content.
Team admin (linking to all other areas). Oversee and monitor the collation of all functional MI, analyse trends and proactively drive remedial or improvement actions. Track, monitor and follow the progress of action items that emanate from internal committees (e.g. Board, Exco, Wealth Management Forum) in order to ensure that key deliverables are achieved within set time frames. Collate, prepare and distribute appropriate briefing materials for key deliverables, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
Financial control track business performance and liaise with Finance to ensure costs and income are on track to help meet team goals.
Knowledge & Experience
• Relevant Wealth Planning experience / background; preferably within a Private Bank
• Good computer skills, including data extraction & analysis and report writing
• Strong understanding of financial services arena
• Excellent written & spoken communication skills. Ability and confidence to deal effectively and professionally with people across the business
• The individual should demonstrate an ability to work in a methodical, logical and accurate fashion. Must be conscientious and diligent in their work to ensure accuracy of data. Must understand importance of and deliver accuracy & perfection
• Excellent time management, organisational & administrative skills, ability to work under pressure, responsible, proactive, dedicated and consistently able to achieve results. Remains motivated and confidential at all times. Ability to act on own initiative
• Experience and understanding of wealth planning and investment management end-to-end processes
• Attention to detail, quality, high standards
• Flexible working style, ability to work well in a team environment
• Sense of urgency when required and ability to prioritise in a challenging environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a positive demeanour
• Capable of working under pressure and using own initiative and with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst remaining flexible, proactive and efficient
• Aptitude for learning and willingness to develop & expand role where required
• Demonstrate through words & behaviours, an in-depth understanding and strong personal commitment to their work
• Communication and Confidence
• Team Working
• Planning and Reviewing
• Customer Focus
• Influencing others
• Problem solving and judgement