Business Unit Administrator, Northern Trust Asset Management
Summary of role
Under direct supervision responsible for providing administrative, logistical and project support to the business unit on an ongoing basis. Major Duties
• Provides administrative/routine operational, logistical and project support to the business unit on ongoing basis.
• Assists in the processing simple and complex maintenance activities within set procedures/guidelines prescribed.
• Runs and creates formal reports and metrics for business unit. Updates manuals, procedures, etc.
• Collects, compiles, and analyses data and information for reports and presentations for the department.
• Liaise with counterparties to source appropriate documentation for onboarding and being owner of latest documentation
• Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
• Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines
• Works effectively as a team member but also independently
• Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
• Prepares internal and external office correspondences, reports and presentations as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of correspondence records, presentations and reports in a filing system. Knowledge/ Skills
• Good oral and written communication skills are required
• Basic Functional / Industry Knowledge is preferred
• Analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft, Microsoft Office) is required Experience required
• Entry level position with prior administrative support experience an advantage About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.