Business analysis and product design - Indices
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
Business analysis and product design - Indices
IHS Markit has a requirement for an experienced candidate to perform business and product analysis for a strategic initiative in an Agile team out of our New York office. The candidate will join an existing team that is focused on delivering against the project roadmap.
The primary responsibility will be to carry out successful execution of business vision by coordinated business and technical analysis, organization, and implementation of a large program of work within the specified constraints of time, cost and quality. The candidate should have prior experience delivering large projects and should have exposure to multiple delivery methodologies. Strong ability with stakeholder management, business and functional requirements analysis, planning, delivery management including tracking and mitigating risks will be the key to success in this role. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast paced Agile environment and be flexible to adapt to changes.
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Product management, Ops, Development, and scrum teams to deliver successfully on the roadmap.
It's preferred that the candidate has a working knowledge of Indices (Fixed Income and Equity) business.
Business and Product Analysis
- Act as a liaison between business development, product management, operations, business heads and technology groups and scrum teams to facilitate communication on initiative.
- Conduct independent research and stakeholder interviews to understand business vision requirements. Write complete business requirements where needed and facilitate sign-off
- Produce user stories and use cases using different modelling techniques
- Work with system architects to ensure system design meets business requirements and present high level system architecture to business stakeholders as it relates to business requirements
- Coordinate and participate in User Acceptance Testing
- Support tracking of bugs/enhancements/features as part of the change management process
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems
- Conduct gap analysis and downstream impact
- Write, revise, and edit client education, user, administrative, and support materials (user guides, quick reference guides, FAQs, training materials, online help)
- Conduct user training workshops as required
- Communicate requirements and updates to the same to the relevant stakeholder group
Technical Delivery Management
- Assist Product owner with initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Evaluate and recommend a successful approach and execution plan across business IT and operations, covering change programmes, company/department structure and resourcing, governance, operational risk mitigation, implementations and methodologies.
- Manage project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Manage the change control and quality assurance processes
- Support product owner and scrum teams in managing project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Liaise with clients, technology suppliers, and legal for external facing products
- Propose and champion process improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of technology or finance required.
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven experience and solid understanding of SDLC processes including Agile.
- Proven delivery track record.
- Experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments where many dependencies need careful management.
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography projects
- Experienced in Microsoft tools, Jira, Confluence and PPM software.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative processes is a plus.#
- Understanding of general financial terms and principals required.
- Interest in financial markets and transactions required.
- Experience with data and feeds desired
- Competence in liaising with Clients, Product, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Able to facilitate meeting where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked
- Take ownership of the programme of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained.
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Meeting Management
- Issue Management
- Decision Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Logical Thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participant
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.