A leading global banking group is looking to hire a 1LOD risk controller looking at the regulatory controls in EMEA.
- Working closely with Compliance and Legal to filter and interpret specific EMEA jurisdictional regulatory obligations as applicable EMEA business lines.
- Assisting in managing the EMEA regional component of a global programme in conjunction with the Programme Manager and the Chief Operating Office
- Mapping regulatory obligations to controls and assessing the efficacy of those controls in meeting the obligations defined as relevant
- Input to the monitoring and tracking of programme progress and communication to senior management
- Planning remediation for gaps identified
The successful candidate:
Your background must include significant experience in Front Line business non-financial risk and control, Compliance advisory or in a Regulatory related role. Experience in the Legal aspects of financial regulation will be a strong advantage. Based in London, this role will require senior leadership engagement in the region; in particular the successful candidate will be expected to bring direct controls expertise and regulatory knowledge to a key global programme.
- Understanding of UK and Irish regulatory framework & Legal Entity requirements.
- Proven controls experience within a large complex financial services company.
- Knowledge of global banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.