Our client is a global financial technology (fintech) provider of front to back office solutions for Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds, with a managed services / business process outsourcing operation. The London team is expanding and they’re looking for an additional risk analyst for their market risk reporting group.
Working with buy side clients it’s a varied role leveraging your market risk experience to date whilst allowing you to learn more and grow, in which you’ll;
- Provide market risk oversight across client portfolios, implementing and reporting guideline limits and regulatory compliance for UCITS, AIFs and Managed Accounts etc.
- Conduct risk monitoring of multi-assets portfolios, monitoring underlying positions, risk drivers, performance outcomes and market dynamics/volatility.
- Produce risk measures i.e. VaR, and further analysis to understand the relationship between VaR and the risk factors, volatilities, and correlations that go into the statistical calculation.
- On-going maintenance and improvement of risk processes with a focus on standardisation and automation, so as to continually improve your efficiency and client service.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- At least 2-3+ years experience in a market risk analyst role, in which you’ll have developed a good grounding in the fundamentals around market risk, risk models, VaR methodologies / calculations etc.
- If you have got involved in regulatory and/or oversight committee risk reporting then great, but we’re not looking for this direct experience, strong fundamental market risk experience is the most important criteria.
- The ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way.
- Excellent data and excel skills.
- This is client facing role in which you’ll discuss risk reports and drivers etc, so must be comfortable liaising with clients in a service oriented role.
- Batchelor's degree (professional education such as CFA or FRM is a bonus but not required).
Note that this is a full-time role, but only for a 12 month contract, although there could be the option to go permanent with the company in the future if you want to look at that.
Location: London area remote (for the foreseeable future due to covid)
Excellent contract with a well-respected global company, offering the chance for a market risk practitioner to further build their knowledge & experience in varied client facing role working with leading asset managers.
Keywords: risk management, risk analyst, risk reporting analyst, risk analysis, market risk, risk reporting, VaR, Value-at-Risk, risk calculations, regulatory reporting, regulatory risk, compliance, UCITS, AIF, AIFMD, equities, fixed income, credit, derivatives, portfolio analysis, asset managers, buy side, asset management, fund management, hedge fund.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.