About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Cass Specific tasks (include but not limited to)
- Managing Daily Nostro outstanding CASS process
- Production and maintenance of CASS MI
- Oversee daily client money reconciliation
- Assist in assurance Testing on CASS Processes
- Maintain CASS contact list
- Process client money acknowledgement letters
- Assist with the preparation of Client Money and Asset Return
- Assist with the design/ Implementation of New requirements to comply with regulatory changes
- Maintenance of the CASS Manual
- Assist with the 6 monthly CASS Resolution plan test and support day to day oversight activities
- Assisting the CASS officer with the continuous improvement of the control environment surrounding CASS impacted processes at the bank
- Assessing any CASS impact as a result of new or changing regulations
- Assisting with the management of the CASS Breach register
- Assist with the design of CASS specific controls and embed within the relevant business processes
- Periodic review of any CSTs executed throughout the business that link to the CASS process to ensure controls are effective
- Assisting with the annual CASS audit
- Production of Reports to various Risk & Governance Committees
- Other key CASS activities: as directed, the individual may be asked to be involved in support of other key activities within the CASS office in relation to SCB's regulatory obligations
- Other tasks as delegated by Line Manager
- Other regulatory related responsibilities including DGSD and U.K. Bank of England Returns as required
- Previous experience in working in banking and an understanding of the regulatory environment
- Good level of understanding of operations and technology
- Good level of understanding of CASS rules and requirements
- High degree of independence, responsibility and integrity
- Ability to work well under Pressure and Prioritise workload
- Good Team Player
- Able to influence others without having direct control
- Knowledge of UK Banking Environment
- An inquisitive problem-solving mind set, an ability to analyse issues
- Must maintain high standards in relation to written output.
- Ability to work with initiative and flexibility and to influence others without having direct control
- Must have attention to detail, factual accuracy and be numerate
- Excel and Word - Minimum intermediate level
- CASS Office
- Various Operations Units
- Country and Product Compliance teams
- Global Reconciliation Unit
- Individuals with CASS related responsibilities
- Internal Audit
- Private Bank and Wealth Management team
Regulatory & Business Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Strong track record for executing effective controls and efficient processes in an Operations environment.
- Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization.
- Highly proficient presentation and communication skills (verbal, written).
- Assertive and motivated to drive to fix issues by asking the right questions.
- Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities.
- Demonstrable strong teamwork and collaboration with internal and external groups.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to cross train and handle tasks on other reporting obligations within the team (FSCS, BOE, CASS)
- Domain expertise across products, preferably in the context of regulations such as FSCS, CASS, BoE Reporting.
- Understanding of regulatory reporting criteria as they relate to regional reporting obligations.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .