CASS Internal Auditor
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
CASS Internal AuditorSummary
The EMEA Audit Services Team focuses on audits impacting Northern Trust's asset servicing and asset management activities. The function provides independent, objective, assurance and advisory services to the EMEA legal entities. The EMEA Audit Services Team also provides leadership and assistance on audits executed at the country, regional and global levels, working closely with colleagues located in the North America and Asia Pacific regions.
The EMEA Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS) Audit Specialist will act as the CASS point person for the global Department and provide subject matter expertise on audits related to CASS. In addition, the Audit Specialist will be responsible for leading audit engagements, both CASS and non-CASS related, which include activities such as planning, scoping, and reporting while adhering to Department Standards; maintaining client relationships; and supporting team's efforts to meet team and Department goals. Proven experience in the financial services industry focusing on asset servicing/administration and related services are beneficial.
• As a subject area expert in CASS, builds authentic relationships with the audit team and auditee by providing comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership, along with influencing cross audit team assessment and testing techniques
• Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading highly complex or high risk audit engagements. Maintains a high level of accountability to the project team and the objectives of the engagement
• Performs continuous monitoring activities, including regularly meeting with management, providing real time feedback on business risks/activities, and assessing impacts to the audit plan
• Represent Audit Services on the governance bodies related to CASS
• Communicates with partners at all levels, including developing and presenting audit findings, making recommendations, and communicating tough messages with sensitivity and respect
• Utilizes in depth understanding of products, services, risk management, industry and other technical knowledge to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper risk management activities implemented
• Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weakness through the scope and the audit project teams assessment activities
• Ensures that all work performed and overseen maintains an appropriate attention to detail and adheres to the Corporation's/Department's Policies and Standards. Ensures performs work within established timeframes.
• A college or university degree and/or relevant auditing and systems experience is required
• Prior CASS experience of at least 2 to 4 years is required.
• Advanced degrees, including MBA's and/or professional certifications, knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry, and related work experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Must be results oriented, flexible, and adaptive to change
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets