FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
CASS Specialist / Oversight Manager
Currently looking for a dynamic CASS specialist for one of my city based investment banking clients to join their Operations business.
I am currently looking for a dynamic CASS specialist for one of my city based investment banking clients to join their Operations business.
The role forms part of the Operations Control team which is responsible for the oversight of all CASS risks and controls. The function also performs a number of CASS controls such as CASS RP review and attestation, CMAR collation as well as a number of oversight activities.
The selected candidate will be integral to the Bank's definition and oversight of its control framework for CASS and the development of a Regulatory Operations function.
The role holder will be expected to leverage a technical CASS skillset and up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practice in order to take the practical lead on the assessment, documentation and monitoring of the Bank's CASS control environment. As the CASS sme in the business you will need to stay informed of all CASS developments to make sure that the Bank is continually developing meet any standards and expectations.
Execution of various daily, weekly and monthly CASS oversight controls:
* Daily unapplied credit oversight.
* Daily collateral agreement check to determine any CASS 6/7 requirement.
* Daily client classification check to determine any CASS 7 requirement.
* Weekly CASS RP checklist oversight.
* Monthly CASS RP testing.
* Monthly CMAR report testing.
* Coordination and key involvement in the annual CASS audit.
* Coordination and management of the monthly CASS forum.
* Monitoring of new products for any CASS impacts.
* Staying abreast of CASS developments (including Enforcement actions) and ensuring that the Bank is continually adapting to new standards and expectations.
Responsibility for the delivery of the CASS Control Framework Enhancement Plan, including:
* Perform a full risk assessment for CASS including mapping to the source handbook, and the definition of CASS-specific inherent risk, residual risk and control effectiveness ratings.
* Define and implement an ongoing control testing process (including ad hoc spot checks and deep dives)
* Determine an appropriate standard of documentation and ensure relevant controls and processes are documented to this standard.
* Review of CASS RP and alignment to industry best practice.
* Enhancing controls relating to CMAR process.
* Build out of a CASS control framework including the transition of applicable CASS functions to the newly-established Regulatory Operations team.
* Form part of the Regulatory Operations team to develop an appropriate operating model for other key controls, including but not limited to:
* Transaction Reporting and Transparency Reporting (EMIR, MiFID II, MAS, HKMA, CFTC etc)
* Portfolio Reconciliation.
* Portfolio Compression.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 19 Jan 18