CIB – Global Trade & Loan Products - Supply Chain Finance Programme Manager, Trade Solutions Delivery – Associate or VP (London)
CIB - Global Trade & Loan Products - Supply Chain Finance Programme Manager, Trade Solutions Delivery - Associate or VP
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23 trillion of assets under custody and over $400 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Trade is a core product in J.P. Morgan's Trade and Loan Product Group, which sits within the wider Wholesale Payments business. Global Trade works with Corporate and Financial Institution clients around the world to structure and execute trade finance solutions.
The business is truly global, credit and risk based, affected by market movements and strategic in its ability to facilitate the movement of goods and services around the globe in order to satisfy the working capital needs of our clients.
The product set includes traditional products such as discounting, confirming and issuing letters of credit; documentary collections; issuances of guarantees and SBLCs; Supply Chain Finance, risk distribution and other structured transactions on a local, regional and global basis.
Supply Chain Finance (SCF) is one of the fastest growing products CFO's, Treasurers and CPO's leverage to unlock working capital to grow their business organically or through M&A. This creates a fast paced environment, with continually evolving market dynamics, given the range of competitors includes not just traditional banks but also FinTechs. Job Description:
In this role you will interact with global corporations, manage global SCF programmes and advise on working capital objectives, while navigating a global organisation. Clients are increasingly focusing their attention on the effectiveness of Supply Chain Finance providers to implement and successfully manage their programmes. JP Morgan must present a compelling and persuasive proposition. To this end the client experience requires a continual review of end-to-end processes, tools, and organisational structure to determine what we need to do to make it easier to win, on-board and continue to serve clients.
A core component of the Supply Chain Finance offering, from deal origination through day-to-day programme management, is the appointment of dedicated Programme Manager, whose objective is to work closely with the Client to establish and execute the programme strategy and then successfully grow the programme through on-boarding suppliers. Critical to this role is the ability to establish credibility with the Client through the provision of guidance and advice, based on an extensive track record and experience of these types of programmes. The Programme Manager will be positioned as having longer term responsibility for the programme, which is extremely important to the Client.
The Programme Manager will work closely with Trade Advisory colleagues to help structure deliverable solutions and with the wider Trade Solutions Delivery team to deliver the programme. The incumbent will work with Advisory to segment the Supplier base, to develop and execute an effective marketing strategy for persuading suppliers to join the programme. The candidate will also be responsible for reporting key programme metrics to the Client and to recommend ways to leverage further value for the programme's participants. The Programme Manager will also work closely with the wider EMEA TSD team on internal deliverables and to assist each other as needed. Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
• Advise on Client's working capital strategy
• As part of the deal team, to work with Sales and Trade Advisory to analyse supplier data in order to formulate powerful implementation and on-boarding strategies
• Participate in pitching to Clients, with particular emphasis on the long term nature of the Programme Manager responsibilities
• Lead successful Client external engagements such as Supplier Days/Forums and Procurement/Buyer Trainings, which includes presenting to large audiences
• Manage relationships and serve as primary point of contact internally and externally to handle day-to-day communication with clients; become the client's trusted advisor
• Work with clients to create and execute an effective programme on-boarding strategy, to drive revenue generation via SCF programme ramp up and supplier enrolment
• Manage the day to day on-boarding process to ensure relevant documentation is complete and the supplier is successfully established on JPMorgan's systems.
• Establish and maintain programme-specific road maps and lead annual review engagements as needed
• Developing product training and marketing materials.
• Facilitate requests and inquiries across workflows including partners across the JPM franchise (Sales, Bankers, Credit, Client Service, Operations, Legal, Product and others)
• Coordinate with counterparts in other regions to ensure global alignment on large, complex programmes
• Oversee credit facility requirements including facility utilization in active partnership with Syndication
• Utilize internal databases and follow a high degree of integrity for reporting needs and analytics
• Provide updates internally and externally with opportunities to provide strategic support for management MIS needs
• Follow established Processes/Procedures/Controls
• Identify challenges and escalate accordingly within the Risk and Control framework
• Work with Product, Technology, and Operations to develop and enhance the systems and procedures supporting the product.
• Feed suggestions and market intelligence from participants to deepen our knowledge of the market and identify business opportunities
• Provide support to team colleagues & functional partners when required; be seen as a subject matter expert on Supply Chain Finance Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor'sDegree or Associate / VP level experience in a similar role.
AboutJ.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Sales/Credit experience a plus
- Ability to drive solutions with clients
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain Finance from either a Product, Programme Manager, Supplier Onboarding, Sales, Advisory or Client Service perspective is required
- Previous experience pitching to clients is essential
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Ability to think flexibly & strategically and learn rapidly
- Ability to appropriately prioritise and multi-task in a high pressure, competing-priority work environment
- Strong leadership skills, as well as being able to effectively work in a team environment and partner with colleagues globally
- Willingness to learn and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, to both clients and internal partners
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Effective issue resolution and escalation skills; must be able to recognize issues and their severity; escalate to appropriate individuals/functions and own those that are appropriate
- Ability to mobilize internal resources to resolve issues
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- AdditionalEuropean language skills would be beneficial
J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets andinvestor services. The world's most important corporations, governments andinstitutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With$18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, theCorporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital,manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Furtherinformation about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorganChase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitivecompensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employerand a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.