CIB – Investment Banking – FIG (Italian coverage) – Associate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses. Departmental description
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and aid them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure. Position Summary
We have an open opportunity at the Associate level in the Italian team within the EMEA FIG. We cover origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital markets transactions across all the FIG client base, together with colleagues from other product teams (e.g. ECM, DCM, ALF).
The Associate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. S/he will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm's M&A execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. S/he will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of executing live transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success. Core responsibilities
• Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations
• Expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
• Play a key role in implementing the execution function including working with analysts, as well as, assisting more senior bankers
• Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterparts at the client/other advisers (accounting, legal, etc.)
• Keeping abreast of key market developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
• Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
• Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
• Strong Investment banking experience
• Strong preference for candidates with some experience in the FIG sector
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Advanced understanding of investment banking products
• Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
• Strong team player
• Fluent in Italian and English. Additional foreign language skills, while not required, are desirable.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.