CIB - GCB Infrastructure Fund Coverage - Vice President - London
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career. Our business
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed; we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
The Global Corporate Bank manages J.P. Morgan's relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform and presence in more than 60 countries worldwide. We leverage the capital strength of JPMorgan Chase and extend credit to help clients grow their business. Opportunity
We are looking for a Corporate Banker (Vice President, m/f) who will be responsible for developing and growing our global business with a portfolio of infrastructure fund clients and their global portfolio companies, across a broad suite of products in close alignment and co-operation with our product and global coverage partners. Relationship responsibility is global across our network and full set of corporate banking products (Cash Management, DCM, lending products, trade, FX and interest rate products, commodity derivatives, Securities Services and Asset Management) as relevant for infrastructure funds and their portfolio companies. The role involves the origination and execution of infrastructure finance deals in developed and emerging markets in close coordination with the infrastructure finance advisory (IFA) function - across loan and bond financing, M&A, project finance advisory, derivatives structuring and other products. Job Description / Position Summary
We are looking for an experienced banker to be based in [London / New York] who will help build and lead the GCB Infrastructure team's presence globally. The recruited professional would:
- Work with investment banking coverage and product bankers to pitch for new engagements and develop client relationships with target global infrastructure funds
- Develop and deepen CFO/Treasurer level coverage for infra fund portfolio companies as corporate clients
- Work with the broader IFA team and our partners across J.P. Morgan to identify new infrastructure finance and risk management opportunities
- Jointly with our products partners, you will drive and co-ordinate the tailored marketing of products, identifying and addressing our clients' needs
- Lead origination and execution of bank and bond infrastructure financings, including contract negotiation, due diligence and consultant management
- Lead credit risk and other internal approval processes for loans and counterparty exposures
- Responsibility for onboarding of target clients and presentation of the respective business and credit cases to the relevant internal partners and committees
- Revenue responsibility for top line growth as well as for sound risk return metrics
- Be the first line of defense for continuous credit quality monitoring
- Strong relevant experience in coverage of listed and privately owned corporates and/or the project finance/infrastructure finance markets
- Proven ability to develop client relationships, win new business, close transactions and build networks, both internally and externally
- Solid in-depth knowledge of corporate banking products including bank loans, bonds, rates, FX and structured products, cash management, etc.
- Risk management expertise with experience in originating credit and/or debt capital markets transactions
- Strong influencing skills, team player, proven track record of managing cross cultural environments and inter-department collaboration
- Candidates with knowledge of the infrastructure industry and markets and existing infrastructure clients and investor relationships would be viewed positively
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- The ideal candidate is a creative, innovative team player and leader. It is critical that the VP be able to relate well to client counterparts and develop good working relationships with these individuals. It is also important that this person display maturity, good judgment and an ability to work with professionals at all levels inside J.P. Morgan. Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills are a must.
- It is expected that the VP demonstrate leadership qualities that are team-oriented, fostering and collegial. The ability to delegate effectively and pay attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity will be important.
- The VP must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in presentations, expressing complex financial strategies in an organized and articulate manner.
- This individual must be dedicated to the Firm's goals. He/she will have uncompromising personal integrity and commercial judgment
- An ability to juggle deliverables for long-term transactions as well as a busy day-to-day schedule
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally