CIB - Operations Transformation - Insights & Analytics Team - Data Analyst - Associate - London
AboutJ.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking,markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations,governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion indeposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raisescapital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Department Description
TheOperations Transformation Group is a dedicated team of Program resources thatare focused on delivering large scale change initiatives that span acrossbusiness units to address Business, Industry and Client requirements across theDigital & Platform Services (D&PS) organization. The groupprovides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are nottied to a specific business unit enabling it to provide a consistent,high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute changeacross the Corporate & Investment Bank.
TheInsights & Analytics (I&A) team within Operations Transformationprovides business intelligence solutions to CIB Digital & Platform Servicesorganization. The team makes use of a suite of modern data analytics tools todeliver self-service analytics used by Ops management, Product and other groupslooking for data insights to drive change, understand the business landscape,client behaviour and inform data-driven decision-making. The key toolset isbased on Alteryx, QlikView and Tableau, and utilizes a RAD (Rapid ApplicationDevelopment) model, working flexibly to produce analytics that give seniormanagement required insights in short timeframes.
As thecentral team in CIB Digital & Platform Services, we also manage thetoolset, framework and templates; provide standards, best practices and fostera data-driven culture in the organization. We build & support cross-CIBdashboards that are used by all levels of management. The candidate will play akey role in helping the team manage, extend and enhance the framework. Theposition requires strong technical, analytical, communication skills as well asexperience with business intelligence tools and programming languages. RoleDescription
The team is seeking a high performingAssociate candidate to play a key role within the I&A team, based out ofLondon (Bank Street). The role will befocused on the design and build out of the metrics suite for the LIBORReplacement program. The key toolset is based on Alteryx, QlikView and Tableau, and utilizesa RAD (Rapid Application Development) model, working flexibly to produce analyticsthat give senior management required insights in short timeframes. Thesuccessful candidate will play the lead role in designing and shaping thetoolset that provides analysis and intelligence to the LIBOR ReplacementProgram. The position requires strong technical, analytical, communicationskills as well as experience with business intelligence tools and programminglanguages.
- Design and build asuite of metrics for use by the LIBOR Replacement Program
- Partner with I&Ateam to develop and document best practice to be leveraged by the analyticscommunity
- Help support anddevelop data-driven business culture across CIB Digital & Platform Services
- Maintenanceof feed validation frameworks to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Investigateand resolve any technical issues with data visualization or feeds
- Minimum 3 years of experience with data visualization tools (QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Alteryx or other data blending tools
- Experience in structured data mapping from multiple platforms/file structures
- Familiar with SQL or another programming language and willing to learn new programs and techniques
- Strong data modelling skills
- Familiarity with database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop) for data acquisition
- Superior analytical ability with experience in collecting, analysing, and synthesizing large datasets
- Business acumen; experience in financial services industry preferable
- Experienced Alteryx user capable of developing complex macros and managing workflows on a server
- Familiar with accessing data via APIs
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude and strong work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle high stress while maintaining accuracy in tight deadlines
- Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Organizational skills, be able to prioritize task based on priority level
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.