CIB Technology – CIB Portfolio Management Office Lead – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
CIB Technology – CIB Portfolio Management Office Lead – Vice President
CIB Technology - CIB Portfolio Management Office Lead - Vice President
The Governance, Workforce & Portfolio Management team is a cross function group within Finance & Business Management that is responsible for driving integration across CIB Technology's structure and enabling greater consistency in how performance is measured in alignment with Business & Technology strategy. Key responsibilities of the team include; management of the office of the CIO, Strategy Development, Communications & Engagement, Governance, Portfolio Management, Workforce Evolution and Vendor management.
Individual role description
CIB Technology is managing a large and complex portfolio across run the bank' and 'change the bank' investments - driven by multiple stakeholder groups including Product (across various LoB's), Technology and Operations. In an environment underpinned by fast evolving priorities and constraints, it is critical that CIB Technology understands and continually re-validates its portfolio, to ensure it is investing in the right things and delivering on its committed book of work on time, to budget and with quality.
The CIB Portfolio Management Office Lead is responsible for managing key portfolio planning and execution activities across the CIB Tech portfolio, and playing a lead role in the promotion, execution, monitoring and development of PMO delivery methods & standards across the Tech organisation, in alignment with firmwide controls.
The CIB Tech Portfolio Office Lead is a leadership role reporting to the CIB Portfolio Management Lead within CIB Technology Finance and Business Management group. The role is based in Bournemouth and the candidate should have a proven tracked record in Portfolio PMO and Governance with a disciplined approach.
Work closely with Programme Managers and LOB Portfolio leads to capture early warning of programme change, and ensure better and more informed decisions can be made with regards to CIB Tech portfolio composition and its priorities.
The scope of activities is split into Execution and Planning:
Execution - In alignment with the defined CIB Portfolio controls and governance framework standards:
- Plan management - Provide active management of the portfolio-level roadmap and cross-programme dependencies (includes analysing, tracking & reporting variance against the agreed baseline for early sight and escalation of delivery issues and risks)
- Risk and Issue management - Identify and manage thematic portfolio risks and issues, driving corrective action and mitigation plans with the correct owners and escalating as required
- Change Control - For key CIB level investments and those that impact multiple LOB's/ programmes, ensure current delivery position can be reconciled against the programme baseline (scope, benefits & schedule) and the impact of any proposed change is fully understood with decisions recorded.
- CIB Portfolio Governance - Facilitate key CIB governance meetings and ensure the relevant information demands for each meeting are met to enable effective decision making & escalation
- Reporting & Comms - Provision of portfolio level reporting, MI and communications which supports the portfolio framework & standards, wider group information requests (including compliance/ controls) and manages stakeholders appropriately
- Configuration & Document management - Develop, implement & maintain a SharePoint site to act as the single repository for all portfolio artefacts and information (and which is logical & easy to use)
- Assurance - Drive effective linkage & escalation between CIB and LOB portfolio levels - Assure quality of LOB-level Portfolio Governance meetings/materials and data to ensure key escalations and decisions are reported across levels
- Benefits Realisation - Drive the benefits realisation process to ensure expected outcomes are achieved
- Portfolio Inventory - Own and manage the prioritised portfolio inventory, understanding linkage to strategic drivers (Technology and Business) and Taxonomy
- Annual Planning & Roadmap - Provide support for the annual planning and Roadmap process, managing interlocks with groups outside of CIB and driving input of the multi-year plan into annual planning processes
- Demand Management - Ensure new initiatives (outside of the approved baseline) are approved to proceed in a controlled manner, align to Business & Technology strategy & architecture, and can be delivered within the approved portfolio budget Finances (or managed via the process for unfunded demand)
- Portfolio Change management - Ensure the impact of program change is understood against the baselined portfolio inventory/ business case and decisions are captured with a suitable audit trail
- Actively challenge leading stakeholders and governance decision makers on the composition and structure of their portfolio as it relates to the macro-CIB view
- Team structure & Resourcing - Define resourcing model to meet team objectives, build business case for incremental resources (as required) and drive recruitment processes
- Performance management - Drive objective setting and performance management for direct reports/ team (in line with standard JPMorgan processes and timeframes) - ensuring team are aware of the target goals and the role they play within it to achieve success
- Talent development - working with workforce team, HR and training to define and develop Portfolio Office career paths (considering on the role training, coaching, mentoring etc.)
- 5+years of Portfolio Office experience within global financial institutions
- Exceptional experience and proven track record in stakeholder management, partnership (enabling a 'one team' culture and positive working environment) and complex programme governance across multiple locations.
- Proven strategic capabilities and demonstrable critical thinking across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, including ability to communicate effectively with Senior Managing Directs to CEO-1 level.
We offer highly competitive benefits including pension, bonus scheme, private medical for you and your family, as well as the freedom to innovate, continuous technology training, global collaboration and career mobility.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.