See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of how businesses improve with data analytics? The CIMD Change Management and Business Intelligence team is seeking a data science professional who will design and implement analytics that will drive continuous improvement
and find new business opportunities within the Consumer Investment Management and Operations Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The CIMD Operations - Change Management and Business Intelligence - Associate/VP will contribute to leading Investment Management Division Operations programs by delivering business intelligence and analytics initiatives. This role will combine accountability and responsibility for automated solutions and business analytics, by exploiting artificial intelligence, process automation and data visualization tools, to generate business value.
As a data science professional, efforts will include enabling artificial intelligence to solve business problems. The Associate/VP will work closely with business representatives to make predictions and recommendations in line with CIMD target operating model and ensure algorithms adapt to new data and experiences to improve efficacy over time and consequently improve business outcomes.
HOW YOU WILL FILFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Analyze big data and undertake exploratory data analysis while observing best practices for experimentation / analysis
- Develop business intelligence applications and present results
- Design indicators of business intelligence application performance and risk metrics
- Synthesize analysis results to inform business outcomes
- Identify and escalate systems and algorithm performance trends or issues
- Contribute to global Change Management and Business Intelligence functions
- Track and report progress on projects, adhering to solution delivery lifecycle
- Seek information / guidance / opportunities from inside and outside the Firm / industry to corroborate outcomes
- Collaborate with other developers to share ideas and showcase outputs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The candidate should possess a minimum of 1-5 years overall experience in (1) Business Intelligence, and (2) Project, Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics / other relevant experience in consumer / financial / social / media tech companies in a role with a focus on artificial intelligence and specifically, machine/deep learning
- Practitioner in business intelligence and artificial intelligence methodologies and their value/limitations
- Software design skills and application of these according to day-to-day realities of the business
- Fast learner and effective communicator of new / complex information
- Self-motivated team player who is able to define structure and prioritize work, but who has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate
- Able to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships with strong cultural awareness
- Confidence to challenge and be innovative
- Financial Engineering and / or Investment Management experience
- Experience with implementing according to solution delivery frameworks such as Agile
- Application of tools and techniques for presenting analysis outcomes
- Practitioner in artificial intelligence programming languages (ie. Python, R)
- Practitioner in artificial intelligence computational packages (ie. PyCharm, RStudio, Scikit-Learn)
- Working knowledge of artificial intelligence platforms (ie. Anaconda, GitHub, Omega|ml)
- Working knowledge of business intelligence platforms (ie. Alteryx, Tableau)
- Working knowledge of database tools (ie. Elastic, NoSQL, SQL)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity