CLIENT EXECUTIVE – INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS GROUP
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Institutional Investor Group (IIG) is the foundation of the Asset Servicing business at Northern Trust. IIG services clients in the UK, Ireland, Continental Europe, the Nordic region, Africa and the Middle East. It offers a comprehensive suite of services to Institutional Investors worldwide, covering products such as custody, investment products, accounting and performance measurement. The role will focus on a group of major clients that receive a broad range of services from Northern, to whom the successful candidate will act as the Client Executive, ensuring the smooth delivery of our services and the ongoing profitability of the relationship. Key responsibilities
• Ownership of client growth, profitability, loyalty, satisfaction
• Establish ties with key decision-makers.
• Develop understanding of the client's strategic goals and identify ways in which we can help them achieve their objectives to our mutual benefit.
• Provide leadership for client driven product development requirements.
• Ensure client satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level.
• Establish and maintain relationship plans.
• Where applicable ensure coordination with the global relationship.
Working within the Relationship Management team:
Sales and Profitability Management
• Develop, maintain and execute client coverage plans, ensuring effective engagement with all key stakeholders within client organisations
• Maintain comprehensive understanding of key industry trends in order to facilitate strategic engagement with clients, developing a consultative and collaborative approach in helping them to navigate change in the investment and regulatory landscape
• Ensure long-term profitability of client relationship.
• Cross-selling of additional products.
• Pricing of new and additional business opportunities for existing clients.
• Conduct fee negotiations.
• Act as escalation point for the review and collection of fees.
• Identify, document and manage client related risk issues.
• Effective negotiation of contracts.
• Awareness of Product/Counterparty credit/Client credit risk.
• Ensure adherence and understanding of Northern Trust KYC/AML procedures Experience
• Ability to initiate and deliver change.
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous exposure to and comfort with dealing with client management.
• Highly articulate with good communication skills.
• Good networking contacts and abilities.
• Methodical, measured and thoughtful.
• Ability to present and motivate.
• Flexibility to travel as required
• Proven ability to influence internally and externally at the highest level Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.