COG - Data Platform Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a data science team operationalising insights on a modern data platform. As an experienced Data Engineer, you will help us build the next generation of data analytics solutions within our Corporate Operations Group. You will join a cross-functional Agile team with a diverse range of skills which you'll be able to leverage to develop your own T-shaped skillset and grow your career.
You'll bring your in-depth knowledge of big data technologies best practice and a desire to work in a DevOps environment where you will have end-to-end ownership for developing, deploying and supporting your data assets.
To be successful in this role you will have some of the following skills and experience:
- Data Warehousing/ETL concepts or have worked on similar projects
- strong knowledge of Linux and Unix
- experience with AWS or equivalent other cloud environments - any or all of EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR, Redshift, Glue, Athena, Apache Parquet
- distributed computer frameworks on Hadoop, Spark, distributed SQL, and/or noSQL query engines
- understanding of SQL/APIs
- experience in Python or Java
- working knowledge of Big Data querying tools like Hive or Presto
- exposure to, or an understanding of machine learning and self-serve analytics principles.
Working in Technology at Macquarie, you'll be part of a high performing team and sit side-by-side with business stakeholders. Our flat structure means that you'll directly contribute to our strategy, while taking ownership of a diverse range of projects utilising the latest technologies.
Please apply via the following link or to find out more about the position, visit www.macquarie.com/careers or email Calum Brown; firstname.lastname@example.org
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
15 Aug 2019 GMT Daylight Time Applications close: