Job Reference #238837BR
You will be working in the IB COO function based in London, to transform the way we run the business by building out solutions (including data platform, models and tools) that deliver the next generation of analytics to empower UBS.
As part of the newly created COO data engineering & scientists team, you will be exposed to business transformational and quantitative projects across the Investment Bank under a remit to deliver increased profitability or capacity optimisation through data-driven decisions & enhanced governance at scale. You will have an opportunity to deepen your commercial & business acumen alongside growth & development of your engineering skills in partnership with our Technology & Business Intelligence experts in UBS. Your team will be responsible for our highly strategic digitalisation priorities for the IB COO group, putting you at the forefront of delivering on our innovation agenda. Your expertise
• proficient in Python within the Pydata stack (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib)
• experienced in working with large data sets in appropriate technologies (e.g. Hadoop), and in working with data engineers to build good data solutions
• experienced with data presentation tools such as Power Business Intelligence, Tableau, Qlikview, Grafana and able to clearly articulate the output, conclusions and weaknesses of your models to non-technical stakeholders
• specifically have strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud and Microsoft power platform (power automate, power app, power Business Intelligence +)
• passionate about the role that Data Science can play in growing and empowering a business
• 5+ years' experience in a data-related role
• PhD or Masters in applied technical field
• a track record of successful application of established Data Science, ML and statistical techniques to solve real-world problems
• knowledge of and experience of working within the financial ecosystem
• the ability to pick up new technologies as needed to solve your problems
• well-developed negotiation and influential skills with technical and non-technical audiences
• critical thinking skills that can handle ambiguity and demanding global stakeholder expectations
• strong networking skills, capable of facilitating cross-functional collaborations About us
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us? Join us
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now. Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.