About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Control Management Officer. In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to more experienced leaders in developing risk mitigation strategies for complex and highly integrated business specific risk across different business lines
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report impact of decisions and business controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex current and emerging risks requiring in depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, as well as good understanding of financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, and business process management
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leaders on implementing innovative and significant business solutions for highly complex risks associated with business operations
- Lead and mentor Control Management project or virtual teams
- Engage with all levels of roles across the business group, and serve as an experienced advisor in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements
- Control\Process design and assist with the implementation of controls to mitigate risks within CIB Operations, CB Operations and COO functions
- Provide control related guidance on issues and risk events, including root cause analysis, control design and risk ratings
- Development of Corrective Actions to mitigate Inherent Risk
- Design and partner with the regional COO team in the implementation of risk monitoring activities
- Identify the need for new or modified controls in processes across CIB Operations, CB Operations and the COO function
- Design controls, test and monitor control effectiveness
- Provide subject matter expertise on COO and Operations Risks and Controls as key inputs to Risk Programs
- Ensure COO and Operations process execution aligns with the Risk Management Framework and applicable policies
- Ensure appropriate reporting and escalation of key risk and control incidents, themes and risks
- Ensure timely resolution of control gaps within COO and Operations
- Serve as a reviewer of risk processes such as New Business Initiatives and Risk Acceptance
We Value Diversity
- Proven Risk and Control experience from a large financial services organisation
- Strong understanding of COO and Operations processes and trade lifecycles including Third Party Risk Management, Operational Resilience, Data Management, Loans Administration, Middle Office, Trade and Transaction Reporting, Client Assets Protection, Client Onboarding, Regulatory Operations and Project Delivery
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to propose creative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong product knowledge including derivatives, syndicated loans and securities
- Previous experience of Risk and Control Self Assessments -RCSA
- Ability to manage and/or collaborate with geographically dispersed teams, matrixed relationships and interact with all levels of an organisation
- Knowledge of global banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.
- Excellent decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- 7+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services Industry experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.