CURRENCY MANAGEMENT SENIOR ANALYST, GLOBAL FOREIGN EXCHANGE
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust is a full-service, global FX bank trading with counterparties via a range of mediums and through a number of innovative products and managed services. Complementing Northern Trust's asset servicing capabilities as a global custodian and fund administrator, GFX provides currency administration (hedging) through our Passive Currency Management (CM) service. We offer portfolio overlay to investors and share class hedging and Look-Through Hedging services to fund managers. The Currency Management service is administered by dedicated members of the GFX team in our London and Chicago dealing rooms. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Trade input: Ensure all trades are booked and processed correctly
• FX Queries: Ensure resolution of all trade issues working with internal partners and clients
• Position reconciliation : Ensure desk positions are correctly monitored & resolve outliers
• Process and implement Net Present Value requests
• Prepare and run FX reports
• Client on-boarding
• Understanding of financial markets
• Focuses on resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
• Analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables
• Carries out complex activities
• May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management. Qualifications
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Organizational skills are required to prioritize work and report daily activity.
• Analytical and problem solving skills are required.
• Ability to facilitate discussions and reach decisions.
• Experience in a related financial industry operations role or exposure to the foreign exchange market preferred.
• Degree educated - preferably in Finance or Economics Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.