CVA Market Risk Manager, VP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 14 Jan 19
Global investment bank seeks VP level Market risk Manager to cover CVA and Counterparty risk.
The role of the Risk Manager is to effectively coordinate cross-asset class processes within Traded Risk, in cooperation with Market Risk Management and Traded Credit Teams. This includes stress testing BAU and regulatory, both Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk (local and regional), coordination and presentation of responses to Senior Management queries, bringing together data across all asset classes. The holder of the role is expected to provide support to a variety of stakeholders and as such is expected to be able to use technical skills to support clear management communication.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership in the running and ongoing improvements of a flexible and 'fit for purpose' platform for market risk and counterparty stress testing
- Perform analysis based on current market and stressed assumptions for counterparty contingent market risk
- Oversee and monitor the exceptions in the regular stress testing and risk management processes and propose solutions to remediate the exceptions
- Articulate to senior management the key pressure points mainly through stress testing and cross-asset class exposure analysis
- Keep close relationship with relationship managers and credit officers and be able to get an appropriate answer in terms of level of risk both at counterparty level and at the portfolio level
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Qualification in finance, accounting, business management with PhD or MSc in Quantitative Subject
- Excellent orientation in products, markets and valuation methodologies across various asset types, with expertise and experience in at least one asset class
- Solid technical background and proficiency using industry-standard tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex issues effectively, adapting delivery to the audience across a wide spectrum of audiences, from detailed and technical to high level.
- Ability to interact with the market risk managers, traders, senior management and other stakeholders on daily basis
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Ability to build effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- Ability to promote and lead best practices in risk
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.