- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
The role is to help develop a new cash nostro server, which aggregates cash movements across the firm's nostros.
Part of the Cash Management IT development team, supporting the Cash Management, Intraday Liquidity and Treasury Funding desks across a number of regions
The role is to help develop a new cash nostro server, which aggregates cash movements across the firm's nostros. You will also be involved in the enhancement and support of the other existing cash management processes. .
Role & Responsibilities
The current application set involves a handful of legacy Solaris C++ and old Java processes, mixed in with newer multi-threaded C++ and C# services and GUI's. This is a drive to move all processes onto Linux and Windows based hardware while upgrading the legacy processes onto a C++ focussed architecture.
The primary focus is the migration from the legacy to the new implementation model.
This will involve:
- Understanding the current application functionality and interfaces.
- Planning enhancements and interface changes where required.
- Implementing new components.
- Organising the testing and deployment of the new components.
Particular emphasis will be on scalability and easy maintenance. Team members are also expected to understand the firm's architectural standards and will be required to assist with L3 support for the existing applications. New development (both servers and GUIs) will primarily be in C++.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Proven C++ experience
- Proven software development experience.
- Experience of writing documentation
- Experience with C#, Unix and SQL.
- Knowledge of Java is viewed as an advantage, as is direct experience with Sybase, EMS, Rendezvous and C++.
- Functional knowledge of Treasury or Finance would also be a plus.
- The ability to develop ideas with other team members, and interface with other groups, but also have a certain level of self-direction and work without continuous hands-on supervision.
Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services by Resource Solutions.
Successful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.