- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: GMOT (VTFQ - Electronic Trading Technology)
We currently have an opening at AVP level for a dedicated C# Developer to join our team in London. We are currently working on a business critical web based platform providing configuration and client preference data management for the electronic trading business globally.
We support the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides creative solutions for low touch trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
This is a global team with a good presence in every region (AMRS, EMEA and APR). We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognising and responding to specific regional requirements that make each market unique.
We are a diverse team of experienced developers, business analysts, program managers and QA authorities working closely with the business group. The team supports an existing fully featured Electronic Trading product set and is also looking to build the next generation Electronic Trading platform. This program is a sizeable investment in ensuring that the business is ready for handling higher volumes of market data and customer flow efficiently.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Analysis, design and development web applications built with the newest technologies. Full stack demonstrable experience is critical
- Dealing directly with business users (Trading and Sales teams)
- Liaising directly with 3rd line support teams to diagnose and fix issues
- Bug fixing legacy web applications
- Mentorship of junior members of our team
- Collaborating with peers globally
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Visual Studio 2013+
- C#, .NET 2.0-4.5.2
- ASP.NET MVC 4+ & Web API 2+
- SPA Development
- HTML5 & CSS3, LESS\SASS
- JQuery, KnockoutJS, RequireJS
- SQL (Oracle\SQL Server\DB2)
- ADO.NET, nHibernate, Entity Framework
- DI Frameworks (Unity, Castle, Ninject)
- Development practices - You are able use test driven development tools
- Solid OO concepts; SOLID principles
- C# and JS Unit Testing frameworks (NUnit, QUnit, Jasmine, Mocha)
- Mocking frameworks (Moq\RhinoMocks\SinonJS)
- Should have experience with SVN/GIT, TeamCity/Jenkins and agile (scrum) practices
- Great Teammate - You are able to work with other members of the team, give direction to more junior members as well as take technical direction from the team lead, building a positive team environment
- Superb communication
- Business Knowledge - Deep understanding of equities markets and electronic trading
- Front office experience is helpful
- Knowledge of FIX (heart beating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc)
- Knowledge of Message Bus Technologies
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) with SpecFlow
- NodeJS, Bower, Grunt\Gulp
- Angular, React, Ember
- HTML\CSS frameworks - Bootstrap, Foundation
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment