C++ Developer - Commodities Technology - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
The Commodities Technology Group is responsible for delivering front-to-back technology solutions for the Global Commodities Business covering Listed and OTC trading in Power, Energy, Agriculture and Metals. They focus on problem-solving and delivering best-in-class technology in a collaborative, dynamic work environment where innovation is encouraged. Our tech team has members in New York, London, Budapest and Shanghai with frequent collaboration across regions.
- Front-office development team is seeking a hands-on C++ developer for our high performance, distributed risk calculation engine in the context of a larger global team responsible for handling Listed and OTC Commodity derivative trading through all aspects of the trade life cycle.
• The role will involve:
- Extending the system to support new products to facilitate business growth, such as expansion into European power and gas markets.
- Unifying the C++ components that deal with different markets, to provide a consistent platform.
- Modernising the system to keep up-to-date with new technology.
- The candidate will work closely with other members of the Technology division and Quants locally and globally.
- The candidate will be responsible for full SDLC including understanding technology requirements, developing, building, testing, and deploying code to production as well as providing 3rd level support by working with the front-line production management team.
Skills required (essential):
- Knowledge of C++ and STL.
- Strong analytical, algorithm and problem solving skills.
- Strong track record of delivery.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with C++ 11 or 14.
- Experience with Boost.
- Python and shell programming.
- Experience with SOAP/XML.
- Relational database skills (SQL, Sybase, DB2).
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1