See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Exchange Connectivity development team develops and maintains applications to access market for order execution. The focus is on developing highly robust systems that can process large quantities of orders with very low latency. The team handles almost all asset classes that the firm trades.
The team offers unbeatable value for global market, cross-asset coverage and focuses on developing highly robust systems that can process large quantities of orders with very low latency.
Our team is the main point of contact when the firm requires access to trading venues and as such we regularly liaise with multiple business units and technical teams ensuring projects run to completion and within stipulated timescales. You will see how persistence, organizational skill and ability to multi-task translates into revenue for the firm.
• Act as a development resource for project work in a global development team.
• Be responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements to deployment and subsequent support.
• Develop new OR for new markets or system upgrades per exchange specification
• Enhance existing systems to meet new requirements
• Applying break-fixes to software as required.
• Served as L3 support
• Design/develop products to add value to the services the team provides.
• Perform exchange certification, regression testing, configure and deploy applications (some weekend work required). Qualifications:
• Experience in C++ development
• Experience working on a server-side of a front office application
• To have previously worked on distributed applications, in a service based architecture,
• Need low latency/high performance development experience.
• Understanding of the lifecycle of a trade
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 31/07/2019.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.