C++ Developer, Back Office, Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
The succesful candidate will be a programmer with experience in C++ and Java development and will be involved in the enhancement and migration of the exisiting code base and working on key projects.
The succesful candidate will be a programmer with experience in C++ and Java development. The role involves enhancement and migration of the existing code base requiring good knowledge of desigining performance efficient solutions. Ability to understand business flows is also key in order to support and maintain the existing systems.
- Support a suite of existing applications within the asset servicing world.
- Make both tactical / strategic changes to the established code base
- Liaise with developers/development teams/stakeholders within region, and in other regions.
- Ability to understand programming deficiencies with a view to improve performance and maintainability.Application area involves following functions in Asset servicing.
- Corporate Actions
- Income - Dividends and Coupons
- Claims Tracking
- Tax Calculation and Reporting
Key Objectives critical to success of the role:
- Rapid assimilation & understanding of existing applications and technical environment.
- A desire to take resposibility and ownership of components/processes within the team
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to commuicate and work effectively within the peer group
Skills & Experience Required:
- Investment Bank Back Office Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, or other numerate dicipline
- Extensive programming experience in C++ and Java
- Relational Database, pref. Sybase
- Unix knowledge
- Basic shell scripting knowledge
- Minimum 10 years commercial IT Experience
- Corporate Actions knowledge
- Knowledge/experience of build,deployment and versioning tools such as Maven,Jenkins,GitHub
- XML processing experience.
- Sybase IQ
- Messaging systems: IBM WebSphere MQ, TIBCO Rendezvous