C# Developer (Contract) | Oil Trading | London
- £500 - 600 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Olive Delta
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Global Oil Trading company requires C# Developer for a number of Power and Gas Trading projects.
The role will involve:
- Develop bespoke software solutions using .NET C#, SQL Server and associated technologies centred around the OpenLink Endur trading platform.
- Establishing a detailed technical specification through discussion with business analysts and key users.
- Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform.
- Breaking down technical specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into code.
- Envisioning possible solutions to anticipated problems.
- Working autonomously & as part of a team Combining all elements of the solution design and testing it.
- Participate in development and maintenance of regression tests Implementing robust system test techniques.
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended.
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production ideally using automated deployment tools.
- Reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary.
- Evaluating and improvement of system performance Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary Supporting user acceptance testing to ensure the program works to specification and can be used easily, quickly and accurately.
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer.
- 3+ years .NET C#.
- SQL Server.
- Experience in agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of Openlink Endur system and particularly .NET OpenComponents.
- Experience with data warehousing and reporting beneficial.
- Worked in autonomously and in medium to large teams.
- Understanding of small organisations.
- Understanding of energy and commodity trading.
- Proven ability to establish teams and drive improvements.