C# Principal Developer
Who we're looking for
• An adaptable problem solver with a curious mind to help solve some of our most challenging problems
• An experienced software engineer with a desire to nurture great teams and collaborate with our business stakeholders
• A Cloud enthusiast with up-to-date knowledge to help deliver our solutions
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You will work in small Agile development team that is leading the way within Schroders, forging ahead with our Cloud first development strategy. Gathering, understanding and providing solutions for Schroders key business problems in an iterative and fast moving environment.
• Work in an market leading fund manager that's not restricted by old legacy architectures
• Help shape and define the next iteration of our product and be a key person of influence
• Have an impact in shaping a business - help us create an Engineering function which is not only building truly exciting things but is also a fun place to be!
• Collaborative and transparent culture - feel empowered to come up with your own ideas and actually make them happen
• Flexible working - everyone who works in this team is trusted to get the job done, so work when you want, where you want!
• Regular team socials.
What you'll do
• Lead the team, helping with the Agile ceremonies and refinement
• Develop and mature our Agile practices
• Liaise with Key stake holders across the business
• Produce high quality testable software
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Several years experience working with C# or other strongly typed languages
• Solid understanding of data stores
• Experience designing and delivering Web Apps
• A deep interest in patterns and practices including Test Driven Design (TDD), automated unit/integration test, CI / CD systems
• Computer Science or technical degree, but if not, strong technical experience in your previous roles
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure)
• Understanding or the strong desire to learn Event Sourcing and Domain Driven Design patterns
• Document Databases (MongoDB, Cosmos or similar)
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.