Calypso Front Office Business Analyst - V15 project
- Upto £700 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- MLG Partners
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
MLG Partners Is currently recruiting for a Lead Front Office Calypso Business Analyst to join a leading Foreign Investment Banking Powerhouse in their London Office. You will join participate in a Version migration project for Equity and FI trading.
• The candidate will work mainly with the Equity desk but can be potentially asked to perform analysis and run projects on other business lines in the Fixed Income area (Rates, FX, Commodities, etc...)
• The role consist in helping Front Office with their book of work in preparation of the V15 migration and help them through the migration.
• The candidate will have to provide quality analysis and deliver tools to help Front Office in their daily task.
• S/he will also have to liaise with Calypso's staff as necessary.
• The candidate will have to communicate regularly with Front Office users and in particular with the head of Equity Front office during weekly IT update.
• The candidate will be in charge of managing the book of work and communicating progress to the rest of the IT team and the business stakeholders.
• Once the project starts, the candidate is expected to be a key player of the upgrade team.
• The role is based in London and no travel is expected.
• Work with end users to understand and specify the business requirement.
• Identify, analyse and validate requirements for changes to business processes and IT systems.
• Manage end-user expectation.
• Work efficiently with the V15 upgrade team.
• Provide analysis and help coordinating and testing during the V15 upgrade.
• Work efficiently with VTB’s Calypso Support team providing second line support and analysis when needed.
• Define and provide IT and operational solutions and tactical workarounds to ensure business continuity.
• Produce documentation and provide system training as required.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience on Calypso.
• Experience in Calypso upgrade projects
• Excellent knowledge of Front office area and experience working directly with traders.
• Knowledge of Equities is mandatory, knowledge of other business lines would be appreciated.
• Technical / programming background is preferred.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
• Experience of IT governance, process and controls is beneficial
• Knowledge of project management and development methods
• Education to degree level standard