Campaign & Content Manager - Insurance
12 Month Fixed Term Contract Opportunity Location:
Bristol / London / Potters Bar
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
Will have significant contribution into the establishment, managing and maintaining of marketing plans for relevant product sets, adapting them as required to meet ongoing business objectives.
May lead large/significant campaign projects utilising other team members to develop, creation and deliver high quality content and campaigns. Responsible for producing on and offline campaigns and content, from brief to execution/distribution, which clearly communicate the benefits of our products and proposition, and support our brand objectives, including customer literature, sales aids, online content, webinars, advertising and social media.
This role will specialise in Individual Protection, Equity Release and Annuity products. What you'll do
• Develop large advertising and marketing campaigns from brief through to delivery, on and offline, across multiple channels (eg media advertising, email, direct mail, social media, paid search) to time, quality and budget
• Lead the end to end delivery of large campaign activity.
• Create, schedule, deploy and promote high quality product literature, sales material, web content, content for webinars, events, social media, and other purposes, drawing on internal and external creative and technical resources where appropriate
• Ensure that all marketing collateral and literature developed on and offline is approved by relevant stakeholders, adheres to brand guidelines and brand strategy. Ensure stock levels and managed and printed collateral is available where required.
• Undertake reviews of marketing activity using analysis and MI reporting, including Google Analytics, email MI and other ad hoc reporting to establish campaign effectiveness, key learnings and pursue a culture of continual improvement.
• Work closely with counterparts in other departments as required, such as Sales, Product and Compliance, and external advertising agencies, media buyers etc, and represent Marketing when needed on projects, product working groups and in other forums Skills/Experience
Practical experience in a marketing communications management role is necessary with numerous examples of personal impact in the following areas:
• Campaign development and content creation, leading the end to end delivery
• The interpretation of data and use of marketing analytics tools
• Wide knowledge of digital marketing methods - including email campaigns, content marketing, social media, and online advertising
• Significant experience working with agencies and other providers of marketing services
• Hands-on experience of using marketing systems such as CMS, google analytics, marketing automation and email software
• Knowledge of intermediated distribution essential.
• A background in financial services is also essential, and demonstrable experience across individual protection, equity release or annuities. What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences