Hiscox, one of the most well respected companies in the London Market is looking for a skilled Senior Capital Analyst / Capital Actuary to support the Capital Manager whose focus is on Hiscox's Lloyd's of London, Bermuda and Guernsey businesses. The right person will be a front runner on the succession plan for the next Capital Manager.
Senior Capital Analyst / Capital Actuary
Nearly or newly qualified with non-life Syndicate experience.
Reporting to: Capital Manager for 'Big Ticket'
Location: London or York with flexible working
65-85k base depending on experience.
Fantastic next step for a skilled Senior Capital Analyst / Capital Actuary to primarily support the Capital Manager whose focus is on Hiscox's Lloyd's of London, Bermuda and Guernsey businesses. The right person will be a front runner on the succession plan for the next Capital Manager.
You'll play a significant role in running the Hiscox Integrated Capital Model (HICM) built in Tyche to produce insightful capital outputs for Lloyd's of London regulatory returns, alongside internal reporting. There are real opportunities to further embed the HICM in internal decision making processes through building relationships with the business and setting up tailored capital reports.
You'll be working with a market leading and well respected Capital team who have the highest standards. The opportunity to learn from a driven and engaged Group Capital Management department and to develop a diverse capital modelling skillset should excite you.
- Supporting the production of the Hiscox Internal Capital Model (HICM) for Lloyd's of London regulatory submissions, internal risk profile information to monitor against risk appetites, and to feed into the production of our own risk and solvency assessments.
- Inputting into the modelling and parameterisation of the different modelled risks.
- Driving forward validation and documentation of the HICM.
- Developing knowledge of the Hiscox business, the HICM and its reporting requirements.
- Reviewing and assisting with the work of less experienced members of the team.
- Promoting model use to add value to business decisions such as reinsurance purchase, asset strategy and capital through effective communication of results.
Our must haves
- Nearly or newly qualified Capital Actuary with experience of working with Syndicates in the Lloyd's market.
- Experience in the non-life insurance industry essential, with good understanding of the fundamental concepts of general insurance
- Experience in using and interpreting results of internal capital models required, with specific Syndicate capital modelling experience strongly preferred
- Making good progress towards achieving a relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial Exams or CII
- Confident communicator combined with good interpersonal and relationship-building skills