Capital Markets - Consultant
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:22 Jul 19
Our Client a big consulting firm has an urgent need for a Capital Markets Consultant to join their strong team of Industry practitioners consulting in the world’s top tier Investment Banks, Asset & Wealth Managers, and Market Infrastructure firms. This is an excellent opportunity to break into Consulting and explore new projects and clients while climbing the career ladder.
- Understanding of the Investment Banking Industry (Front, Middle and Back office processes and a high-level understanding of the trade lifecycle)
- Experience of working within an investment banking or global wealth management environment
- Experience of managing projects/programmes, implementing IT solutions or redesigning processes, in some of the following areas: sales, pricing, settlements, trade processing, position management, portfolio management, risk management and finance
- Ability to work with senior clients and propose creative solutions to investment banking/wealth management problems
- Knowledge in any of the emerging technologies with be a plus (Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Cloud computing, Machine learning, Big Data, etc.)
- Knowledge on regulation - EMIR, Dodd Frank, Basel, MiFID etc.
- Working with a team to define a business solution that may include defining business architecture, process design and delivery activities whilst driving the development of improved capabilities
- Executing business analysis and/or project management activities such as gap analysis, requirements gathering/definition, functional specifications, risk/issue management, project planning etc.
- Facilitating teams and supporting workshops/meetings across multiple phases of the project delivery lifecycle
- Be able to demonstrate credibility to work alongside clients SME’s and team leaders
- Supporting the development of business opportunities
- Helping to develop compelling business cases and responses to new business opportunities and requests for proposals within proposal response teams